• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

End well, this will not....

Jeremy Igo

If the comment was more salacious and malicious than what it was then, yeah. I could see where you would be coming from. I don't see this off the cuff rude comment as something to cost someone to lose the ability to provide for their family. Discipline will be enacted I am sure of it as it is business protocol. But to just skip that procedure from the start, directly to firing the guy with no due diligence? I disagree with that.

I'd move him into a position where he doesn't have the ability to speak for the company unsupervised. he's shown he doesn't have the ability to handle that role in a professional manner. 

The same people in this thread that are calling him a horrible human being are the same people that post vulgar comments in every cheerleader thread or harass every female that posts on this website

objectifying someone's body is objectifying someone's body and everybody on this forum is guilty of it.

So you're saying it's bad to make fun of people or are you justifying fat shaming a man in front of millions of people because random guys on the Internet derp whenever a lady shows up?

wording is a little strange.

I wish I could say that I was shocked by some of the posts on this thread, but then I have to remind myself that many in our fan base would prefer that we not have a black QB and get outraged when the team tweets/posts anything in Spanish and then it all makes sense again.

You did not just equate fat people to minorities.....

You did not just equate fat people to minorities.....

prejudice doesn't have anything to with minorities. prejudice is prejudice. singling out characteristics about a person, and using those against them, to insult them in this case, is prejudice. there are plenty of minoritoes who are very much guilty of posting prejudiced posts on here.

All I'm seeing is this:

"These Panthers' fans came to Seattle from Idaho. Didn't know they made Luke Kuechly jersey..."

Was there more to it than that?

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what the problem here would be, he's not necessarily making fun of the guy. I mean Idaho is pretty rural and out there. Nothing wrong with what he said, at least not in my opinion. 

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what the problem here would be, he's not necessarily making fun of the guy. I mean Idaho is pretty rural and out there. Nothing wrong with what he said, at least not in my opinion. 

The tweet is truncated.  To read the full text, you have to click the link which takes you to ESPN's website.  Not only was this tweeted, but it was posted to ESPN's "Now" website.

While I get that is unprofessional to make a joke like that, I fail to see how it's a big deal.

You guys want him fired for that? LOL other reporters do worse and still have jobs.

Plus is calling someone DT size really that big of an insult? DT's are plus size yeah, but they are also strong and most are athletic....

He said "I didn't know they made Luke Kuechly jerseys in DT size" innocent but not very smart on his part.

Archived