• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Eagles Prediction Thread!

Zod

Eagles 27

Panthers 20

Panthers can't stop a decent pass offense.... Eagles are slightly above average. Long day for the defense.

The Eagles have only 1 above average receiver, another very inconsistent one, and an unproven one. How does that make their passing attack above average? Surely McNabb does not give them that edge.

The Eagles have only 1 above average receiver, another very inconsistent one, and an unproven one. How does that make their passing attack above average? Surely McNabb does not give them that edge.

It's more about the scheme and the players that fit that scheme. Their whole offense revolves around their passing attack.

I am trying to put names with the descriptions of the WR's you mentioned above and can't see who goes with what honestly.

I think this team picks up where it left off.......on defense. Philly likes to get too pass happy....that is bad news imo for Carolina.

I think this team picks up where it left off.......on defense. Philly likes to get too pass happy....that is bad news imo for Carolina.

I think Phillies defense is overrated. They lost Jim Johnson and even though they will be running the same defense with a guy who has been there for a while, he hasn't been calling the plays. Will he feel comfrotable calling as many blitzes? Will he be able to get the right packages in at the right times? I just think there may be a dropoff from last year.

Dawkins was the true leader on defense, and even though he was a FS, the run defense will be weaker because he is not there. A rookie will take his spot, and that is a huge dropoff.

The starting MLB will be a backup. He has been in the system for a few years, but he is a backup for a reason.

I think they may still have a good season as a unit, but they will have some growing pains. I'm glad we are facing them this early in the season, and I think we will be able to take advantage of some weaknesses in the D.

I think Phillies defense is overrated. They lost Jim Johnson and even though they will be running the same defense with a guy who has been there for a while, he hasn't been calling the plays. Will he feel comfrotable calling as many blitzes? Will he be able to get the right packages in at the right times? I just think there may be a dropoff from last year.

Dawkins was the true leader on defense, and even though he was a FS, the run defense will be weaker because he is not there. A rookie will take his spot, and that is a huge dropoff.

The starting MLB will be a backup. He has been in the system for a few years, but he is a backup for a reason.

I think they may still have a good season as a unit, but they will have some growing pains. I'm glad we are facing them this early in the season, and I think we will be able to take advantage of some weaknesses in the D.

Chase Utley and Jimmy Rollins are the heart of the Phillies defense and they are not overated!!!!! ;)

Just messin......I actually agree with you......I honestly think the Panthers put up 30+ on this Eagles team and move it at will. I just hope the Eagles can outscore them. I can't believe how many "experts" are picking the Eagles as Superbowl picks with the preseason player issues we have had with the heart of our defense and the O-Line.... it's baffling.

I can agree with that. Still, the Carolina offense was asked to do to much last year.....they managed to do it but imo it isn't realistic to expect them to bail out the defense like they did the 2nd half of the season again.

I can agree with that. Still, the Carolina offense was asked to do to much last year.....they managed to do it but imo it isn't realistic to expect them to bail out the defense like they did the 2nd half of the season again.

Yeah, I think you're right. Hopefully, the defense will resemble the first half of last season more than the second half. As far as this game goes, with both defenses having shortcomings, I think it will be a shootout. I like our chances in that scenario against the Eagles because it all starts up front. Our offensive line may be the strongest part of our team and the Eagles are pretty banged up on the o-line right now.

I can't believe how many "experts" are picking the Eagles as Superbowl picks with the preseason player issues we have had with the heart of our defense and the O-Line.... it's baffling.

They’re in the NFC East, for one thing. For another, they had several games last year in which they absolutely dominated their opponents.

I really think they’ll be the best team in the East this year, though like any team they have their issues. I certainly think the Eagles have a better shot than that other NFC team everyone is picking to go to the Super Bowl (the Vikings).

Archived