• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I <3 D-Will

PantherBrew

And honestly, as rough as that season was, MAJOR PROPS to Vinny for bringing out the best in DWill. As I was reading the article about DWill's emergence, I was thinking that I'd heard that Vinny got on to him about conditioning and then he amazed us all. So if anything, Vinny got us some good motivation and challenged us to the playoffs.

And honestly, as rough as that season was, MAJOR PROPS to Vinny for bringing out the best in DWill. As I was reading the article about DWill's emergence, I was thinking that I'd heard that Vinny got on to him about conditioning and then he amazed us all. So if anything, Vinny got us some good motivation and challenged us to the playoffs.

And that would have never happened if Jake hadn't got injured. So I guess this our silver lining to an otherwise hugely disappointing year (weren't we even media outlets pick to win the SB that year).

This is why I think Carolina will become one of the great football franchises: character is a major factor in our players.

Williams or Stewart could be the starting, feature back anywhere else in the league. Here, they share the position with no ill feelings and genuine celebration of each other's accomplishments. You just don't see that anywhere else.

And you find that throughout the team. That is how you work to build a dynasty.

I saw an interview with D.Will last year where he said it doesnt matter what I do as long as we win. "If they want me to fill water bottles, I will fill water bottles. I dont care as long as we win." What a stand up guy, a real class act. Whatever Goodson may be, he has the right people above him for some quality mentoring...

I didn't know much about him at Memphis, but I loved the way he played...then we drafted him and I thought...wow...we actually have our star running back...then to find out what a class act he is...simply a treat to be able to cheer for the guy...and his "co-starter" The Daily Show...

Double Trouble, it's a damn beautiful thing....

all started with how foster treated him... lets not forget that as well...

That's a very good point. When we drafted a running back in the first round, I remember Foster saying he'd do his part to mentor Williams. It's not surprising Williams did the same with Stewart.

But when you think about it, it's more than just these individuals, as Jake Delhomme states at the article's end.

“I think that is one thing I think we do well. Our egos really get small when it comes to one another. There can be some harsh words said, and we don't mean it demeaning. It's more or less, ‘I expect this.' And to me, that's very healthy when you can leave it on the field, but we're doing it because we expect things out of each other.”

This is just one example where going after high character guys really pays off. :D

Archived