• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the beat Seattle ship already sailed?

PanthersUnited

Yes I get the whole notion of "any given sunday" yes I know in the NFL anything can happen and any team can win, I get the cliches, I really do  I understand the excitement of the upcoming matchup and a undyimg desire of wanting to beat this team. I hear some fans say that "if we dont beat Seattle now, then we never will." One simple question remains however, has that ship already sailed? Are we already past that point? Are we already at the point where the Panthers are just doomed to keep losing to the Seahawks?

Lets look no further than last year. Last year we faced a reeling 3-3 Seahawks team filled with distractions.. The Marshawn Lynch distraction on if he would return the following year. The Percy Harvin trade distraction just 2 weeks prior to playing us. The distraction of Russell Wilson not being liked by some in the locker room. Remember "black enoughgate?" Whispers swirling around the league that some Seahawks players didnt like Wilson and didnt think he was "black enough." Amid all this, THIS was the end all be all game to finally take down the 3-3 Seahawks against the ropes and at home in Charlotte.. If there was a ripe time to take down Seattle, we had it on a silver platter, ofcourse, we all know the end result of that game.

I know this might be considered a debbie downer post, but I promise my intent is not to kill spirits or bring the mood down, I just wonder a simple question.. Why now? Yes I get the "on paper" stuff.. On paper our D line should dominate their bad O line, on paper Olsen should be able to expose Chancellor, on paper we should contain a hobbled Lynch, I get the football aspects on why we should beat them, but unfortunately, for reasons unknown and things that cant be explained, all that stuff seems to fly out the window when it comes to beating Seattle.

I know some of you dont believe me but I promise im just a realist, im not a negative nancy or debbie downer.. Hell, just go back and look at my previous posts when we played the Bucs and Saints, I know many of you saw my "Saints is a guaranteed win" posts or the post I made in real time during the 3rd QTR of the Bucs game already doing a victory lap, I certainly wasnt being negative then was I? I  was 100% confident we would man handle both those teams and I posted aplenty about it.. Unfortunatley however, I am of the opinion the "beat Seattle" ship has sailed. Just like I was ecstatic I was wrong about Luke's situation, I would love nothing more than to be wrong again come  Sunday night. 

Each year every franchise trots a new team out there to play. No previous matchup means anything on Sunday. Seattle no longer has Dan Quinn, Marshawn Lynch has fallen off a cliff, and their offensive line is garbage. They're by no means unbeatable and should be 1-4 right now with their only win against Jimmy Clausen. We could certainly lose Sunday, but they're not a scary team anymore.

Plenty of "realists" (read pessimists) on the huddle do not get near the abuse you do.

It has more to do with the mood swings and the emotional maturity of a 12 year old girl that you exhibit here on occasion.

Not trying to be mean, just offering some advice.

I'm new around here and this is already getting old.

How can it be that the ship has sailed when it hasn't even started it's journey? Let the game be played first. Jimminy Christmas.

Quality first post. I wish my first was like this. My first was about Male Docking. 

Welcome to the huddle, may all your posts not be anything like PU threads. 

Archived