• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blueprint on stopping Atlanta offense is out.

Jeremy Igo

I get the impression that after they get that first L they might snowball a little bit after that.   Washington is not a good team and it took OT. 

Actually Washington is pretty good minus average to below average QB play. I expected this game to be tough for Atlanta. It will be tough for us. They pulled it out. Ok. But Atlanta is a paper tiger because Jones will not be healthy all year. Once he goes down...they lose. There is literally no chance he is healthy for the 2 games that matter most...against us. They lose both games.

Most don't, like any fanbase you have to split up the casuals from the hard cores.

Just the other day there were some idiots saying cam is better then brady. 

Wow lol. I like this board more than any other because it's more avid football fanatics here that are realist. It's zero on the Falcons board, Report or B&G.

Thanks to Washington for providing it. 

Pressure Matt Ryan,  play physical against wideouts. Atlanta has a new scheme,  but is still soft. 

Just need to punch them in the mouth,  like every other year. 

that's always been the blue print. Natty Ice can't handle pressure and makes poor decisions under duress. 

Can we pressure him with our current team? I dunno. Jared Allen's production is gonna be the x-factor and we'll just have to let the games play out. 

If we get penetration, Norman could have a feast, if not...we're gonna be in a tough battle for any advantage.

they both should be back and healthy by then, we picked up a DE that balled out with 2 sacks and a forced grounding last week named declair. Dont know if he is the real deal or a 1 week wonder. However if all are healthy its a legit top 5 D. Our pass rush has secretly gone on the fritz while our secondary has been ballin out. 

Can Josh Norman guard julio without qb pressure is the key question.

I can agree. I also think Ryan Delieri is legit. 

I don't think Carolina is a top tier defense this year though. Not now anyway. Maybe when Big Money & Keek returns.

Including this year's Charles Johnson is like saying Roddy White is the difference in Atlanta's receiving corps. He hasn't been his usual self this season and is clearly on the downside of his career. A poster mentioned Jared Allen, but I think getting something out of CJ is even more important. 

Even without the pass rush, other players have emerged on defense, namely Josh Norman, who has been the NFC Revis through the first quarter of the season. Whether he keeps that up remains to be seen but the fact that he's doing so without much QB pressure is encouraging.

Kuechly being out has made a difference, but the only coach that actively game planned to exploit his absence was Sean Payton and he darn near pulled it off with Luke McCown. Clearly Atlanta needed an emotional change more than anything but I'm skeptical of Quinn as a tactician, especially having been through the growing pains of a defensive coach.

The Falcons are a turnover machine. Missing FGs a lot. There is a reason they have had to comeback in 4 of their 5 games. They could easily be 1-4 right now.

Nothing has changed. It is the same Matt Ryan led Falcons offense. They need the big plays at the end of the game to win, and a defense that allows it.

Atlanta has a much weaker schedule than we do.  It concerns me.  We could sweep them and lose the South.  We play Seattle in Seattle, Green Bay--They don't. 

However, if you look at the East, North, and West, it looks as though the Panthers or Falcons will probably get a wild card.

I see no team in the North beating Green Bay or finishing with 10 wins.  I see no team in the East finishing with 10 wins.   I see only Arizona finishing with 10 wins in the West, as they have recently.

So, the Panthers only need to play .500 ball the rest of the way to make the playoffs. Not saying that is the goal, but if we want the South banner, we probably have to sweep the Falcons.  While we are playing Seattle and Green Bay, they are playing North Dakota State and St. Paul Optimists. 

Archived