• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants player could lose foot due to MRSA

Jeremy Igo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000553694/article/mrsa-infection-leaves-giants-daniel-fells-in-dire-situation?campaign=Twitter_atn

This is extremely scary and will effect all teams going forward including the Panthers. IMO,  there should be zero injections given outside of controlled sterile Healthcare facility. Giving an injection within a stadium is lunacy. 

I wouldn't trade my foot for a billion dollars. 

Unfortunately, his injury would be considered workers' compensation which limits what an injured worker can get. For example, in North Carolina, there's a formula that determines how much body parts are worth and there's no formula that approaches even a million dollars for any body part. And there's no pain and suffering award.

I've been told by the Panthers' general counsel that most players choose to litigate their workers' compensation injuries in California, which is probably pretty liberal, but he may not be able to recover the equivalent of what he'd earn if he could continue to play.

Archived