• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not panthers related but IDGAF...

Jeremy Igo

typical liberal reject he is. Always have to use something to throw his agenda around. Pretty pathetic.

speaking of tinderbox, that place is a breeding grounds for liberals and better off leaving it to the left wing nuts to populate.

Sounds like someone is still salty they got laughed out of the tinderbox numerous times for being a belligerent bigot.

Sub 'crucified' for justified. She wasn't driving fast enough and clearly had no intent to hit anyone on foot. There were plenty of pedestrians around if she'd wanted to run over someone. It was plain that she just wanted to play low speed bumper cars and drive around in a circle. 

A person who doing donuts in the middle of a busy intersection and ramming cars, no way to know her true intent. The point of police officers is to prevent her from running someone over, not subdue her after she has already done so. If she hadn't flip the car, I'm sure things would have really escalated.

Gastonia has its fair share of rednecks and hicks, as does most areas of NC including large cities.

Some of the finest people I've ever met were from Gastonia.

I'm from Charlotte and now live in Western NC, and we have just as many country bumpkins here in Swain County. Sometimes I fit in that category. Go Panthers!

"i got it all"

no you didn't, you idjit. you filmed the grass and you freaking out.

Yeah the dude videoing musta been from south Gastonia  he  didnt realize you have to point the phones  camera lens  at the action to capture it on video. What a maroon. Good video of concrete and grass while all the action was taking place. 

To those wondering why they didn't shoot....one of the dozens of vehicles sitting at all sides of the intersection would be the reason.

No matter the race, no matter the gender, this is the only thing you can do. Keep traffic from entering the intersection and try to get her stopped. Or wait for her to total the car. Were they justified to shoot? Absolutely. A car is a deadly weapon and you're ramming cars needlessly, and it does appear aggressive.

She has a mental health issue. She's going to be getting the help she needs, but let's not play the "if she was black she would have been shot" BS. If she would have pulled a gun, there would have been no hesitation.

As to the officer pulling his gun and pointing it at her, he was trying to get her stopped. He had no intent necessarily to shoot, but that is the only way you can do it. Close to the car and angle it so if the bullet misses or goes through, it hits the ground on the other end and doesn't keep traveling. Even then, a stray bullet hitting a bystander is a bad thing.

To those wondering why they didn't shoot....one of the dozens of vehicles sitting at all sides of the intersection would be the reason.

No matter the race, no matter the gender, this is the only thing you can do. Keep traffic from entering the intersection and try to get her stopped. Or wait for her to total the car. Were they justified to shoot? Absolutely. A car is a deadly weapon and you're ramming cars needlessly, and it does appear aggressive.

She has a mental health issue. She's going to be getting the help she needs, but let's not play the "if she was black she would have been shot" BS. If she would have pulled a gun, there would have been no hesitation.

As to the officer pulling his gun and pointing it at her, he was trying to get her stopped. He had no intent necessarily to shoot, but that is the only way you can do it. Close to the car and angle it so if the bullet misses or goes through, it hits the ground on the other end and doesn't keep traveling. Even then, a stray bullet hitting a bystander is a bad thing.

I can't speak for others, but from my view, the officers in this case displayed the proper response to a potentially violent situation with an individual clearly not in her right frame of mind behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. All jokes about Gastonia aside, I have to give these officers proper credit.

There are many officers across the country who also apply basic common sense, and de-escalation tactics which prevent the need for a deadly outcome. Unfortunately there is the other side of the coin involving officers who not only lack the proper training, but are thrown into the street too quickly, and are all too willing to want to pull the trigger in too many instances. That is what needs to be changed, and that is what most of the people in here speaking out are referring to. You cannot solve this issue by continually downplaying it, or pretending it isn't happening, like police unions do.

Archived