• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooooo.... who do the Hornets draft?

Jeremy Igo

People acting like MKG is Kevin Durant or something, yes he's solid, but he's not THAT good. Besides, weren't we down big in the 1st pre season game then after MKG left we actually took the lead and won?!

If we lost Kemba or big Al for the season then yes, sound the alarms but MKG just isn't great enough to be thinking we are a lottery team without him

People acting like MKG is Kevin Durant or something, yes he's solid, but he's not THAT good. Besides, weren't we down big in the 1st pre season game then after MKG left we actually took the lead and won?!

If we lost Kemba or big Al for the season then yes, sound the alarms but MKG just isn't great enough to be thinking we are a lottery team without him

fug Big Al. Dude takes 20 shots a game and plays garbage defense. Idk if losing MKG would ruin our season but we just paid the dude a ton. Mark Price still lives in Charlotte and I could only hope that even with him leaving the Hornets, he still worked with MKG over the summer on his shot. He's not a great shooter but was way better last year then in his previous season. His defense was pretty decent.

I have to agree actually. MKG has carried us the last 2 seasons defensively, but our offense improvement potential this year is pretty massive and this just helps that honestly. As good as MKG is he is a liability on offense. Someone will have to rebound to take up his slack there, and I think Batum will. I still think we'll be pretty decent, as unfortunate as this injury is.

We'll do decent enough to not get a high enough pick to matter probably, keeping us in the group of everlasting mediocre teams, unfortunately.

It would surprise me if we were worse than last season. And I don't know how you can be a fan of this franchise and want to be terrible for a draft pick, look at our draft history.

It would surprise me if we were worse than last season. And I don't know how you can be a fan of this franchise and want to be terrible for a draft pick, look at our draft history.

Sucking awful and picking first is better than sucking somewhat and picking ninth.  I do not want the team to suck, I want them to win a championship, but if they are going to suck then I would at least like to get something for it that may help them win a championship.

For the record here is every team that has won the draft lottery since 2000:

2000: New Jersey Nets

2001: Washington Wizards

2002: Houston Rockets

2003: Cleveland Cavaliers

2004: Orlando Magic

2005: Milwaukee Bucks

2006: Toronto Raptors

2007: Portland Trail Blazers

2008: Chicago Bulls

2009: Los Angeles Clippers

2010: Washington Wizards

2011: Cleveland Cavaliers

2012: New Orleans Pelicans

2013: Cleveland Cavaliers

2014: Cleveland Cavaliers

2015: Minnesota Timberwolves

There are exactly zero championships between all these teams in this time frame. Becoming a championship caliper team by building through the draft and tanking is very overrated.

The lottery is a funny thing, for it to work in the teams favor you really have to have a rare combination of luck "getting the first pick actually", getting that pick in a meaningful draft with actual impact players "see Thunder drafts" and finally a front office and scouting department that knows how to build a team....

So about Charlotte and that lottery pick, give up till MJ is out or the front office is completely different and knows what it's doing.

For the record here is every team that has won the draft lottery since 2000:

2000: New Jersey Nets

2001: Washington Wizards

2002: Houston Rockets

2003: Cleveland Cavaliers

2004: Orlando Magic

2005: Milwaukee Bucks

2006: Toronto Raptors

2007: Portland Trail Blazers

2008: Chicago Bulls

2009: Los Angeles Clippers

2010: Washington Wizards

2011: Cleveland Cavaliers

2012: New Orleans Pelicans

2013: Cleveland Cavaliers

2014: Cleveland Cavaliers

2015: Minnesota Timberwolves

There are exactly zero championships between all these teams in this time frame. Becoming a championship caliper team by building through the draft and tanking is very overrated.

Cleveland, LA and Houston are in the discussion about winning and have a legit shot. Pelicans are on the way building around Davis.  While the Bulls and Raptors are solid 3-4 playoff seed teams in the east.

Granted Houston built its team via FA and it helped the cavs a bit too with James coming back.

Too early to think about the draft :)

I still have some hope for the season... with Cliff at the helm of the defense, there's still a chance.

Not that I discourage talking about the draft, I mean we do have picks in the coming draft so it's never too late or too early to talk about it.  

Archived