• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Open 1st and 10...

firstdayfan

Im really not getting all the love for the Falcons lately. 99% of the previews that I have seen have them winning the South. Am I missing something here? Do they really have a better team, top to bottom, than we do?

I would say that possibly QB is the only advantage they have against us.....and Im not going to start slobbing Matty Ice's knob just yet. Yes, he had a decent rookie year, but Jesus, you would think that he put up Brady numbers last year the way people are talking about him.

We have better RB's

Better O-Line

Better WR's

D-Line is about even

Better LB's

Better DB's

I really dont understand....

I think the Falcons have better WR core

I like being under the radar too but honestly, why would a "ponytailed" john clayton or mike and mike or any other report pick us? Theres teams like New England that has been to 4 SB in the last 8 years. Pitts is just as good. The entire NFC North looks good....well 3 of the teams do. Im not high on the Giants this year but i understand how others are. I mean, what did we do that should make us the consensus favorite to win the SB? we havent won a playoff game since '05, our def was awful last year and we didnt do anythign to improve. Everyone (minus Bill Simmons) knows we will be a good team, but that doesnt mean were "disrespected" cuz were not the NUMBER 1 team. just let it go. it is what it is

I like being under the radar too but honestly, why would a "ponytailed" john clayton or mike and mike or any other report pick us? Theres teams like New England that has been to 4 SB in the last 8 years. Pitts is just as good. The entire NFC North looks good....well 3 of the teams do. Im not high on the Giants this year but i understand how others are. I mean, what did we do that should make us the consensus favorite to win the SB? we havent won a playoff game since '05, our def was awful last year and we didnt do anythign to improve. Everyone (minus Bill Simmons) knows we will be a good team, but that doesnt mean were "disrespected" cuz were not the NUMBER 1 team. just let it go. it is what it is

Really? The 1st and 10 story about the Panthers/Eagles game was entirely about the Eagles until the last few lines where they mention Jake and the playoff game as well as our poor preseason. It sure isn't respect.

Really? The 1st and 10 story about the Panthers/Eagles game was entirely about the Eagles until the last few lines where they mention Jake and the playoff game as well as our poor preseason. It sure isn't respect.

Did he play a good playoff game? Did he do anything against Seattle in the '05 playoffs when smith was triple covered? No. So of course the media doesnt love him. Who won the game before tht against Chicago and NYG? Smith. Its not like John Clayton looks at Mike Goodson and thinks we have a triple threat, or reads Jon Beason's twitter and get pumped up like we do. They dont focus on this team like we do and get excited over an "ok" DT. they see us vs. the media favorite Eagles. the same team that made the NFC Championship game last year. Its gunna be a great game and I have pretty good feeling for the season as long as those injurys dont come back, but why is it so shocking we're not getting love? Remind me again the last time we were favored to do better then average in anything?

They like to cover the draft and sell mock draft advertising. They like the big paydays. They want to throw the doubt in there about who can and cannot change a game imediately. They want the holdout controversies and the trade demands. They like the rookie bracketbusters because it goes against the slow and boring process of molding NFL players. That is why these guys are built up to begin with.

Young inexperienced kids showing up 10 year vets is news to them and poses a bigger marketable bag of wares than doing features on the 10 year lunchpail vet.

This will always happen. They find their wonderboy. They praise him. They create specials about him likening him to all sorts of heroes past. They make excuses for him if he stumbles. Then they crucify him if he makes them look bad.

The question is why grown adults would let this kind of thing that is so obviously transparent bother them in the slightest. That is what I don't understand. And if your answer is "respect" don't bother replying.

Why do we constantly need our opinions validated by these talking heads? Tell me some of you are more mature than this.

They like to cover the draft and sell mock draft advertising. They like the big paydays. They want to throw the doubt in there about who can and cannot change a game imediately. They want the holdout controversies and the trade demands. They like the rookie bracketbusters because it goes against the slow and boring process of molding NFL players. That is why these guys are built up to begin with.

Young inexperienced kids showing up 10 year vets is news to them and poses a bigger marketable bag of wares than doing features on the 10 year lunchpail vet.

This will always happen. They find their wonderboy. They praise him. They create specials about him likening him to all sorts of heroes past. They make excuses for him if he stumbles. Then they crucify him if he makes them look bad.

The question is why grown adults would let this kind of thing that is so obviously transparent bother them in the slightest. That is what I don't understand. And if your answer is "respect" don't bother replying.

Why do we constantly need our opinions validated by these talking heads? Tell me some of you are more mature than this.

Max Headroom says: "Panthers will win"

maxheadroom.jpg

there now we're getting pointless respect OP. happy?

Archived