• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Rosenthal says Cam is Top Shelf

Newtcase

Ahead of both Manning (including the good one), Flacco, Stafford, Wilson and others.  I think we on the Huddle all recognize Cam's many doubters are ill-informed, but for someone on the National stage to support Cam's abilities above those other obvious names is indeed a nice recognition!  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000546578/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-132

I call BS on the list.

If it is going by this season...  then Dalton is way too low.   Guy has 9 TD,  1 Int,  66% completion and over a 120 qb rating.         Make no mistake,  Dalton is balling out this season.

That's fair.  I do wonder where Cam would be with an AJ, Antonio or Julio.

I call BS on the list.

If it is going by this season...  then Dalton is way too low.   Guy has 9 TD,  1 Int,  66% completion and over a 120 qb rating.         Make no mistake,  Dalton is balling out this season.

He's not going to just list the ranking based on the stat sheet.  Dalton's playing well, Luck isn't.  No GM in the league would rather have Dalton than Luck, even during their current polar extreme performances.  Cam's stats probably don't put him in the top 5 or even 10 QBs, but you can damn well bet that there aren't 5 QBs in this league that could do more than he has with what he's working with.

That's fair.  I do wonder where Cam would be with an AJ, Antonio or Julio.

Close your eyes and imagine watching (i know i know) Sportscenter.

The Panthers are fresh off a victory in which Cam Newton throws for 350 yards 3 TDs 0Ints rushes for another 58 yards and a score.

Now here is the tricky part.  Julio Jones is a Panther.

Jones catches 225 yards 2 TDs.

Who does SC praise? Cam? or Julio?

Go.

Close your eyes and imagine watching (i know i know) Sportscenter.

The Panthers are fresh off a victory in which Cam Newton throws for 350 yards 3 TDs 0Ints rushes for another 58 yards and a score.

Now here is the tricky part.  Julio Jones is a Panther.

Jones catches 225 yards 2 TDs.

Who does SC praise? Cam? or Julio?

Go.

trick question. Everybody knows Gettleman deserves all the credit and praise.

I call BS on the list.

He'll choke in the post season.... It never fails with him.

Archived