• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Respected Panther

PantherBrew

You're right. Saying the kicker is the most-respected player on the majority of teams would be laughable. But not in the case of the Carolina Panthers.

Like you note, Kasay is the last original Panthers player. Couple that with his faith and leadership in the lockerroom, and I think he's definitely one of the most respected guys in the lockerroom, if not the most-respected player on the team. Who did Smith go talk to after the incident with Lucas last year?

Oh god, I hope no one takes that as I was saying anything agaisnt Kasay. I agree with everything you said and I think he is one of the most respected guys on the team. I was only pointing out that for all of his great attributes he still is only the kicker and probably a lot of the younger guys and maybe even some vets would have a hard time respecting him as a PLAYER. As a person, it would be very hard not to respect him.

And I am still surprised that there isn't that much respect from the fans for Richard Williamson. Go to the Panthers bio for him and you almost get goosebumps. And he is old school and that is part of the reason we have had so many WRs that aren't just recievers but also hard hitting blockers. Former coach under Bear Bryant and was the WR coach for the guy who holds the record for most recieving yards in a game (forget his name right now.)

Oh god, I hope no one takes that as I was saying anything agaisnt Kasay.

No, not at all. And I see how you could delineate between respecting players and people, but in the lockerroom I think it's all about the same. Certainly we could go on and on comparing respect from fans and respect from players, but we can all agree that Kasay is up there in both areas. :cheers2:

No, not at all. And I see how you could delineate between respecting players and people, but in the lockerroom I think it's all about the same. Certainly we could go on and on comparing respect from fans and respect from players, but we can all agree that Kasay is up there in both areas. :cheers2:

:cheers2:

Yeah, I know a lot of fans, including myself, dislike the atmosphere Richardson has tried to create in the stadium but at the same time the type of teams he has tried to put together with upstanding guys I love.

I can not wait until my son gets older and I am able to talk to him about Panther players like Kasay, Mills, Minter, Rucker, Smith, Moose, Beason, ect. Could you imagine having to have that talk if you were a Bangels fan? Or a Raiders fan? I want the Panthers to win a championship as a fan but as a father I'd be more happy being able to talk about stand up guys like those mentioned above and allow him to take pride in that for HIS team.

I will say Kasay among current players from that he is like the wise old sage. First of all, from a player's perspective, he's been about as valuable as any, mainly during our SB season. He won so many last minute and OT games with his clutch kicking. Second of all, if a kicker can pull aside a fired up and pissed off Smitty, and really get through to him (as it has appeared from the sidelines), then the guy is respected.

Archived