• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bias Confirmed

Jeremy Igo

The NFL is getting pretty heavy handed in their attempt at pushing a game to one team or the other.  It was pretty obvious by watching the calls all day which team ole' Ed/NFL wanted to win.  Backup QB comes in, first pass since 2011 and gets a win on the sad Panthers.    I've been watching the NFL with different eyes the last few years and it's getting out of control, sadly they can legally do whatever they want.  Our defense didn't play great yesterday, but more often than not our Panthers are always playing two teams, the one we should and the one we shouldn't (the refs).  

for those at the game, did it look like a late hit? The Fox camera panned away as Cam was scrambling, and they never showed a replay. Barber and Myers made it sound like Cam flopped, but I took that with a grain of salt.

Yeah, it was absolutely a late hit in addition to the player falling on Cam's head well out of bounds. 

for those at the game, did it look like a late hit? The Fox camera panned away as Cam was scrambling, and they never showed a replay. Barber and Myers made it sound like Cam flopped, but I took that with a grain of salt.

Yes. the Ball was gone, and the guy hit Cam... landed on the white out of bounds, and cam cam to rest right at the refs feet. He lay there looking at him, waiting for a flag, and got up in disbelief when said ref walked pretty much to his feet and did his little hand signals ending the play for an incomplete pass.

And after the McCown "roughing" call... Man, the crowd around me at least was heated!!

The NFL should fine this kind of behavior by officials, it's gonna get someone hurt.  There was just so much to hate about Hoculi in this game.  I know that the NFL won't touch Hoculi, they've got a super-moon sized boner for that guy, but I'll make a consolation as long as they don't let that mouth breathing dude-bro back on the field for any game involving the panthers.

NFL vp of officiating says no call for late hit on QB out of the pocket, no two step rule and the hit wasn't late or flaggable.

Ed says he didn't say that, said to Cam you were a runner. NFL believes Ed, no investigstion unless audio is found.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/28/nfl-vp-dean-blandino-accepts-ed-hochulis-denial-of-ageism/

what a damn joke

If you watch the vine of when Hochuli was talking to Cam it does appear that Hochuli said, "because you were running." It may just be a case of Cam mishearing what Hochuli said.

https://vine.co/v/exx19htavZw

That vine doesn't really capture the entire exchange between Cam and Ed. The vimeo video posted on BBR shows the exchange was a lot longer. You can't read Ed's lips because he's turned away from the camera. Scroll down and watch the vimeo video posted.

http://blackandbluereview.com/postgame-video-ed-hochuli-told-cam-newton-not-old-enough-to-get-call/

Archived