• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So before we hit the panic button on Funchess..

PanthersUnited

Funchess reminds me a lot of former Bill Steve Johnson in his route running and Brandon Marshall in his athletic movements.  He has to grow in to his body some and work on controlling his body better through completing the reception.

Funchess is serpentine in his motion and routes, not so much quick-twitch shuffle. Don't really know what that implies, but we have one burner in Ginn and are loaded with possession receivers. 

Funch may never be that guy that looks over his shoulder, see's his QB in trouble and turns around to come back to the ball and that's why CBrown is so valuable, 'cause that is one of his strengths.

its really hard to make observations and comparisons between two different receivers, but I think Funchess could turn out to be more Muhsin Mohammed than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head.

hes gonna get a lot of reps and targets because of KBs injury which is a blessing in disguise, because he could have been lost in the shuffle had KB not been injured which would have hampered, hindered or slowed his progress into becoming a true weapon sooner rather than later.

i do like the way he high points the ball and he has solid focus and has a frame that can handle a good amount of added muscle. That's the risk/reward that, imo, made trading up for him worth the risk.

Archived