• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So before we hit the panic button on Funchess..

PanthersUnited

I see nothing wrong with the OPs post. Included stats and I thought it was pretty good tbh.

Just change the title to "Funchess Compared to Other Rookie WRs" and it's fine. It's the the assumption of a panic button that dooms it, and the current PU thread bias.

Ok, perhaps I did see a few people mention something along the lines of how Funchess has been a big disappointment and how he doesnt seem to have chemistry with Cam and how he doesnt fit our offense and I took that as hitting the panic button.

I think many of you are overlooking my main point that Funch isnt the only one struggling

Ok, perhaps I did see a few people mention something along the lines of how Funchess has been a big disappointment and how he doesnt seem to have chemistry with Cam and how he doesnt fit our offense and I took that as hitting the panic button.

I think many of you are overlooking my main point that Funch isnt the only one struggling

I think you made a wrong turn when you took some dumb individual comments from random threads and created a false general consensus, thus then creating a thread addressing that illusion.  

Not only is nobody hitting the "panic button" I don't even think he's "struggling"

Sure he hasn't had a lot of production so far, but he's a rookie WR, not even a 1st round WR. I think most people think he's right on schedule to becoming a reliable possession receiver and serious red zone threat, which I think is what we drafted him for. I don't think anyone expected him to become Odell Beckham.

Ginn, Brown, Cotchery, and Norwood > Funchess.

Gave up 3 draft picks for Funchess.

Funchess has been targeted 6 times and caught 2 passes. (128th in catch %)

That puts him among the bottom 10% of NFL WRs.

23ea3146ea334d5741c306054889811d.jpg

Seriously, it is too early and I expect him to get more targets as the season goes on. If he is at this pace come week 8 to 10 and the receivers the Panthers have are better options, then the organization has a problem. My only fear is we have another WR who cannot pick up the playbook which leads to many on field mistakes ala Dwayne Jarrett.

Archived