• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile, on SaintsReport.com

Jeremy Igo

hmmm want to find the root of the Saints fast downfall? 

They only have 17 players on their roster that they drafted, and of those 17,  seven were drafted this year.

Why is it sudden? They were 7-9 last year, down 4 wins from the year before.

The main root of the Saints decline is the decline in Brees' play with the increase in his salary cap figure. As he's lost his skills, they've been unable to surround him with the talent to compensate, primarily due to his salary cap hit. Still and Graham, all great draft picks, had to be traded due to financial realities.

They sold out last year for one more run and now are paying for it. 

what sucks most for them is they couldn't even keep it together after investing all that treasure and mortgaging the future. 

Why is it sudden? They were 7-9 last year, down 4 wins from the year before.

The main root of the Saints decline is the decline in Brees' play with the increase in his salary cap figure. As he's lost his skills, they've been unable to surround him with the talent to compensate, primarily due to his salary cap hit. Still and Graham, all great draft picks, had to be traded due to financial realities.

They sold out last year for one more run and now are paying for it. 

what sucks most for them is they couldn't even keep it together after investing all that treasure and mortgaging the future. 

I didnt say sudden, i said fast. And that's because their expectations last year and this were still pretty high.

Brees' decline is his bad line, lack of weapons that fit the system and a terrible defense. Plus they are spending their money on high priced FA's that end up not working out or just injured.

I have  a list in front of me on how they were built, and I will just list draft picks because we all know that the draft is the best place to get long term players:

2009: 1 and thats the punter

2010: 0

2011: 1

2012: 1

2013: 3

2014: 1, how the hell is there only one from last year?

2015: 7, depending on rookies to help carry the team is no bueno.

Hell maybe they weren't wrong

That was an impressive showing by McCown fueled by a great gameplan that gave him easy reads and got the ball out of his hands quick. We were playing a loose zone coverage like we really didn't know what to expect and his mobility allowed him to evade pressure. 

Now that the rest of the league has the Saints/McCown gameplan on tape, we'll see how he does. 

Archived