• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't be shocked if Luke is out again this week

Jeremy Igo

I had a feeling that he wouldn't.

My question is this. Was his particular concussion that severe, or are they gonna give him more time to recover in hopes that he doesn't have another one immediately after his return.

I realize that there's not much one can do to prevent them especially with his aggressive style of play.

we likely won't know the answer until Ron talks to the media.

He looked really wobbly after that hit.  It's hard to grade concussions and in the past loss of consciousness was a major factor in assessing the severity.  Recent information contradicts this approach and post concussive difficulties often occur with what were considered milder concussions.  You can't be too safe in this situation.  I would hesitate to put that brain at risk for another hit after only two weeks.

I am worried about our ability to play in space versus the Saints Offense, but ultimately, I think we'll win this week.  No reason to hurry Luke along.  We locked him up for a long time, and I want him to be able to play at a very high level after this season.  Let him get right, then let him come out and destroy teams down the stretch.

I had a feeling that he wouldn't.

My question is this. Was his particular concussion that severe, or are they gonna give him more time to recover in hopes that he doesn't have another one immediately after his return.

I realize that there's not much one can do to prevent them especially with his aggressive style of play.

we likely won't know the answer until Ron talks to the media.

The guys that come back in week or two are the ones you can't even tell have gotten a concussion. If it wasn't reported we would have no clue that Josh Norman, Peanut, RG3, Josh McCown or Deandre Hopkins had gotten a concussion. Luke was visibly dazed and couldn't even stand up. I'd hazard a guess that Luke had a grade 2(moderate) concussion whereas those other guys had a grade 1(mild) concussion. Grade 3(severe) is typically when you lose consciousness.

Archived