• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Panther quotes ever

Matt Foley

"This year we are all in"
I actually looked it up and he said...

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2008/05/more-john-fox-q.html

Q: What do you want fans to know about what you and the other coaches have planned for this season to make '08 one to remember?

A: One of the biggest things is we're all in it. We work very hard. We don't do this, whether you're an assistant coach or a head coach, for security. I think players are the same way. (We) don't do it for the security of the job, (but) the successes you get to attain. Winning that big, fat Super Bowl ring is the goal of all of us. Regardless of what gets written or what gets said, whether it's midseason, preseason, postseason, I can tell you as an organization we're committed to winning. We're doing everything and utilizing all avenues to win. That's what this league is about, and it's only fun when you win.

I swear he said "all in" but I guess not.

"Guess that's why he's not on Page One."

-- Todd Steussie, when told of disparaging remarks espn.com Page Two columnist Bill Simmons made of the soon to be 1-15 Panthers.

I could have sworn that he said that in the 2002 season, when we Simmons wrote that we were the worst 3-0 team of all time.

This thread would be incomplete without these classic quotes (more like sayings) from John Fox:

• "Get ready to get ready."

• "Don't be afraid to be great."

• "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail."

• "Be THE guy, not THAT guy."

• "If you're not getting better, you're getting worse."

• "There's only two types of pressure - the kind you apply, and the kind applied to you."

• "Big players make big plays in big games."

• "No man is a failure who gives his best effort."

• "It's bigger on the outside, but not on the inside."

http://extras.journalnow.com/superbowl/panthers/preview/heiswhatheis.html

Archived