• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke not practicing today

Jeremy Igo

sitting him another week wouldn't help much it's just as a high a chance he sit's out and the following week gets a concussion a as if he were to play this week. Can't be gun shy if he's good to go let him play 

This attitude might have flown if you were a use 'em up and cast 'em aside fan a month ago.

Now the Panthers have inked 59 long term a year before it was necessary. You best hope he comes back strong or we're completely fugged.

This attitude might have flown if you were a use 'em up and cast 'em aside fan a month ago.

Now the Panthers have inked 59 long term a year before it was necessary. You best hope he comes back strong or we're completely fugged.

Naw never that man,i want all my players that perform for there longevity, i just don't want them to put restraints on him, i personally thought it was a freak concussion,usually luke comes in shoulders squared,for that tackle look like it was pure head to chest/helmet. I think he'll be fine but if he needs rest now is the perfect time.i'll personally say i don't know concussion protocol and if it's like a dislocated shoulder, once it happens it's a higher chance it'll happen again.

So, I had a thought based on a personal experience.

While I was in high school (played middle backer as well), I suffered 3 concussions. The first was freshman year, missed a week. The second came sophomore year in an off-the-field related incident that required surgery to my eye socket, so I missed the second half of the season. My final concussion was junior year, and that was the worst one. VERY similar to Luke's reaction. I got cracked back on by a TE that was down the field, I was just chasing the play and then saw black. My mouth piece was attached to my helmet by that little piece of rubber. My helmet came off, I bit so hard that the mouthpiece broke from that connecting piece to my facemask. Helmet ended up on the track, I ended up on the ground. I don't remember anything after the hit until I woke up with trainers and coaches around me, but apparently, I got up initially from the hit like nothing happened. Walked about five yards all wobbly. Our safety came over and sat me down, then I fell back and knocked out.

I had no "real" backup (my backup was our workhorse runningback who ran for 2,000 yards that year...yeah). I thought I'd sit for the rest of that quarter and go back in. I felt fine after some water and advil. Doc kept checking me every 5 minutes. Checked me all during halftime. Told me to get in street clothes. Got checked every day the following week, didn't practice. Checked the day of the game that week, told to sit. Came back the following week.

I think Luke is likely fine, but they're gonna be cautious. They are going to take their time, and I think they're purposefully slow-playing it. He can't see the independent until the team docs clear him. Team docs aren't going to look at him until the coaches decide they need to, because Rivera KNOWS the second the team docs clear him, Luke is going to the independent and getting cleared. They want to be certain he's had time to recover.

Archived