• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke not practicing today

Jeremy Igo

So, he still hasn't gone to see the independent.  That is odd at this stage.  So maybe he does have some sort of injury...maybe that is why they keep him in this protocol b/c it means they don't have to disclose it yet.  So you can be extra long and careful w/ the protocol hoping his injury gets to the point you can sweep it under the rug so opponents can't have it detailed.  

Starting to think something is up....

Have to build up that AJ trade value

Made me laugh.

Hoping Luke's ok.  Not going to speculate at this point.  Without more information it's pointless. 

At this point it's not too shocking that he's not cleared the protocol yet especially as that hit looked nasty.  If we don't have good news / clarity by Sunday, then I'll start to worry more.  I think we'll be ok with him out this week.  DO hope he can play against the Bucs to get back in game mode and rhythm before the Bye and Seattle.

We've been VERY fortunate in our schedule this year to give us a bit of leeway to get our WR situation settled down after KB's injury, and give Star, and now Luke time to heal up without seriously jeopardizing our win chances.   Not to take ANYTHING at all away from our team.  They've totally earned our 2 - 0 record and outplayed our opponents.  But it would be lying to say the schedule didn't help.  It has surely helped.

If he did make that decision he would forfeit the entire prorated portion of his signing bonus as well as all guarantees so really the contract part wouldn't matter at all unless a doctor deemed it career ending. If he did so on his own volition the Panthers would get the money back.

I understand that, just the whole deal of signing the contract, all the negotiation, us thinking that we have him locked up long term only to end it a few months later would be maddening. 

Luke is gonna be ok. Yeah, it looked bad because of how he reacted but that's no indication of what actually happened in his head -- not saying it is better or worse, just saying you can't really judge an injury that way just because he tried to get up. if anything i would assume it's probably better he wasn't immediately knocked out, but i have no idea.

I think we're witnessing something closer to how concussions should be dealt with by teams and the league. meaning, we give him more than 5 days of rest before the next game. actually, i just got a notice on fantasy that the TE for SD has a second concussion from last week. i'm assuming that means he just recently had one before. so he probably came back too soon. that's not what we want for Luke.

So, he still hasn't gone to see the independent.  That is odd at this stage.  So maybe he does have some sort of injury...maybe that is why they keep him in this protocol b/c it means they don't have to disclose it yet.  So you can be extra long and careful w/ the protocol hoping his injury gets to the point you can sweep it under the rug so opponents can't have it detailed.  

Starting to think something is up....

Bill Polian explained the protocol on Sirius radio last week. Players see the independent doc every 4 days for the baseline tests. They either are cleared or get 4 more days of non-contact rest. This continues until they are cleared. It could take 4 days or 4 weeks.

If the decision to not play Luke last game was made by coaches he would no longer be in the protocol. It was made by the doc and so will the next one.

Archived