• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke not practicing today

Jeremy Igo

Brain damage is serious business. I would be okay if he decided it's time to retire and spend time with the family while he still can. Luke's a good guy and there's more to life than a few years of football. 

While I agree in principle, I would be mad that he signed a big contract and then made that decision. 

But I am ok with the team keeping him out as long as necessary. 

While I agree in principle, I would be mad that he signed a big contract and then made that decision. 

But I am ok with the team keeping him out as long as necessary. 

If he did make that decision he would forfeit the entire prorated portion of his signing bonus as well as all guarantees so really the contract part wouldn't matter at all unless a doctor deemed it career ending. If he did so on his own volition the Panthers would get the money back.

play it safe

As well as Klein played and with the Saints situation we could afford to sit him again.

not sure if this is playing it safe...he seems to be hanging in protocol longer than the general norm.  Most guys are back this week 

The way I saw it happen, it kinda looked more like a neck injury, rather than a concussion, maybe a pinched nerve or something. 

Im no doctor, just my observation and having had a similar incident.

I actually thought it was more of a stinger, or a spinal compression....something like that where it just stuns you and it's tough to move/breathe/etc...

Have had a few through the years, especially when running out to fish.

Archived