• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamebook Data Spreadsheet - Weeks 1 & 2

KB_fan

A bit more about our rushing game.  I've already posted some rushing stats above, but in another section of my spreadsheet, I calculate something I'm calling a rushing effectiveness ratio (and also a passing effectiveness ratio).

First I calculate rushing plays as a % of total offensive plays, and rushing yards as a % of total net yards.  Dividing those two gives the rushing effectiveness ratio.  Against JAX, 51.5% of our plays were rushing plays, but only 39.9% of our yards came from rushing plays.  Dividing rushing yard % by rushing play % gives us a rushing effectiveness ratio of .78.

You can see how this changed against Houston.  We ran proportionally fewer rushing plays, but gained a higher percentage of yards through our rushing game.

I don't know if this will be a significant stat to track or not, but I thought I'd look at it to see if it reveals anything interesting.

rushing_eff_wk2.thumb.png.7839d5c7b3721d

I love that Houston only got 1 tackle for a loss against us on Sunday.  If I recall correctly, the week before Houston had 7 TFLs against Kansas City.

Archived