• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lewis says Nick Hayden will start

scpanther22

Did you watch the preseason games?

I definitely watched them...twice, and as much as I hate to say it Hayden improved dramatically throughout the preseason. He is still a rotational guy and not an every down starter in my opinion but I think once the other guys get acclimated to the system they will see more and more time on running downs and Hayden will probably be in there on passing downs as he does get some pressure on passing plays.

I agree, I think they wanted him to back up Lewis. But since Kemo went down he shifted over to the nose tackle spot simply because he was the second best DT on the roster. Wait for the real defensive sets to begin before you judge him.

That's something I was wondering. Why didn't they right after the injury to Kemo move Lewis over to his spot and let Hayden move into that role? I mean Lewis is 6'2 and weighs a little over 300 lbs and Hayden 6'4 while in the 290's. I don't think that is where Lewis is best at but I think he would be the a much better fit at NT then Hayden.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hayden in most of the time. Philly doesn't have a traditional run game and uses more of a west coast offense with short passes instead of runs. Against that scheme Hayden won't be a big run liability and his pressure will be needed. Philly last year was 22nd in rushing at 106 yards a game and 4.0 per carry. No one had a 1000 yards with westbrook the most at 936 and 4.0 a carry.

As far as being a turnstile, he did have a pretty nifty spin move that resulted in him getting a sack.

I would expect Harris to get work as well. it isn't as if a DT has to know much about the playbook to push his guy into the backfield and tackle whatever he can.

Archived