• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scout's inc breakdown of this weeks game

d-run

Scout's inc is a group that ESPN uses for player and game breakdowns. I would post a link or the whole article, but is a pay site so I don't know if thats ok with the mods, so I will just give you the jist.

They give the edge to the panthers at all positions except QB,DB,ST and coaching. I was surprised they gave us the edge on the DL, but they did.

Most of the actual analysis of the game is the same ol stuff....Panthers will run alot, look for Smith downfield, and need to stop Westbrook. They did say some interesting things though. For example, they don't seem to think that the Eagles can run right at us. They will have to spread the field to run the ball effectavily. The other thing that stood out to me was that they believe the eagles will be conservative on defense while the panthers will look to blitz more. I really just don't see either of those things happening. I think it still remains to be seen if carolina can stop the run, and when is Carolina the more aggressive team on defense? Thoughts?

The prediction was Car 21 Phi 20

Scout's inc is a group that ESPN uses for player and game breakdowns. I would post a link or the whole article, but is a pay site so I don't know if thats ok with the mods, so I will just give you the jist.

They give the edge to the panthers at all positions except QB,DB,ST and coaching. I was surprised they gave us the edge on the DL, but they did.

Most of the actual analysis of the game is the same ol stuff....Panthers will run alot, look for Smith downfield, and need to stop Westbrook. They did say some interesting things though. For example, they don't seem to think that the Eagles can run right at us. They will have to spread the field to run the ball effectavily. The other thing that stood out to me was that they believe the eagles will be conservative on defense while the panthers will look to blitz more. I really just don't see either of those things happening. I think it still remains to be seen if carolina can stop the run, and when is Carolina the more aggressive team on defense? Thoughts?

The prediction was Car 21 Phi 20

i lost all respect for this when they said that.

i have lost so much confidence in the panthers because of delholme.... lobbing the ball at steve smith when he's in trouble...

Like it or not he makes a good living doing it and has probably won more games than he lost using that tactic. I agree to a point that he may want to try looking somewhere else but if they aren't open they aren't open.

i have lost so much confidence in the panthers because of delholme.... lobbing the ball at steve smith when he's in trouble...

we would lose a lot more games if he didn't throw it to smitty when he's in trouble, and you would be griping that delholme (wtf mate?) doesn't hit his playmakers. :nono:

Philly won't run that well against us. THey were 22nd in the league last year and their offensive line is not that solid right now. They will throw short passes and have Westbrook going out of the backfield a lot. As for defense Philly is tough on the run and will likely make Jake pass to be effective. They will run blitz on early downs and pass blitz alot on third and long or in their redzone. One thing in the Panthers favor is that played the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, and the Giants all who blitz alot and the starters were pretty solid.

As for the Panthers, they have to avoid minus plays and second and third and long. They won't be able to run over the Eagles but should have some success with misdirection, slants, and screens and spreading the field. They need to establish the pass in order to run later on. Unfortunately they usually try and run right away while the Eagles will be run blitzing on first and second down quite a bit.

I expect a close game in the first half and more scoring in the second half. A high scoring game actually favors the Eagles.

Archived