• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

True or False... KK Short is the second best DE on the team

Jeremy Igo

True.  Sadly.  Presently the 2nd best Defensive END, and probably our best D Lineman.  I want to see Star come back and see how that affects what KK can do. 

they only brought 4 rushers.  They weren't trying to sack him.  They dropped 7 to the goal line to prevent the TD.

That's the amount we normally rush to generate pressure, if "they weren't trying to sack him" we should have just dropped all 11 back.  He's a good defensive tackle I hope we keep him at that position.

That would be the defensive equivalent of lining Tolbert out wide, sure it may work a play or two, but they're much more effective at doing other things. 

Addison has been the 2nd best defensive end by the way.

He is playing like it right now.  But I fully expect Johnson, Ealy, and others to pick it up once Star comes back.  It is no coincidence that Johnson, and the other DE's, played better last season with Star in the middle.  His push disrupts the offensive line, allowing DE's to get off their blocks and make plays in the backfield. 

Having good D-Linemen is what's important, not defining their position. Richard Seymour when he played for the Patriots lined up at both DT and DE and did both well enough to warrant a 1st round pick when he was traded to the Raiders.

As far as the end of the game, it was HOT yesterday. Ask sunburned Jeremy Igo. It was the longest non-OT game we've ever played at 3 hours, 39 minutes. No Star to help rotate. Per RR in his press conference, CJ cramped up and couldn't get on the field at the end. Mallet attempted 58 passes. That's a lot of rushing the QB and covering downfield in that heat. Gutsy performance by our D sweating that one out.

Archived