• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star inactive, Norwood active

AceBoogie

With Houston's top RB hurt, top LT likely out, and second-string (though between him and Hoyer, they're both arguably "second string") QB starting it seems like a reasonable time to give injured guys another week to heal. Plus, Carolina has significant depth at the DT and LB positions, so it's not like they're going to trot out Fua and Dan Connor in place of Star and Luke. RR and the team are not looking past the Texans so much as playing the individual matchups and betting that it will benefit in the long run.  If this were 4 weeks from now, those guys might very well be playing.

What I don't get is he practiced for three days straight and even looked good, I just don't get it

Sounds like basic precaution considering this is an out of conference game, and we have 2 divisional games coming up next, plus Seattle, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, and Green Bay after that.

Sheesh will you guys relax, Rivera said he would see if Star was game ready after missing so much time, practicing and being game ready is too different things.

They said they were taking the cautious approach with Star,I'm sure if the Division title was on the line today he would play. I'll rather go into the Saints game with both Luke and Star getting a extra week to recover. 

Archived