• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we overrating Star?

PanthersUnited

But with that being said, I am of the opinion that we are overrating Star. I'm not going to bore you with stats, numbers and comparisons, instead I'm going to keep this simple.. Since Star has missed games, I honestly haven't been able to tell a difference in our D..

You bore us with shitty threads that always lack stats or any relevant information / semblance of football knowledge. For the love of god stop posting. Or post something that isn't ridiculous.

Our D used to get absolutely gashed in Cam's first couple of seasons, which is why we had 6 wins despite his 4000 yards passing and 700+ rushing. The addition of Star and KK, along with Luke and the emergence of Hardy led to us have a top 10 defense. getting rid of Star would leave us with KK, Kyle Love, and two old players in Colin Cole and Dwan Edwards. To suggest that Star is overrated is ludicrous. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.  When star is on the field our run defense is elite, with him off its good and that's due to our LBS.  DTs never produce many stats but when u watch the game they dictate the line of scrimmage and stars penetration is invaluable.  If he were on defense lacking in the LB. Position u would see more of a drop off in defense.  His health is his main concern and that is his sole loss of value but on the field as 4-3 DT he is one of the best at his position.  Pretty simple.  When he's off the field we get gashed more that's for sure but

our overall defense is good enough to mask his absence.  But if you look closely you can definetly see the difference when he's on as opposed to not.

Archived