• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we overrating Star?

PanthersUnited

You cant run against us when hes in because he freezes the guards which allows Luke and TD to have open lanes to the ball carrier. Against the pass he holds his ground which keeps the QB from stepping up in the pocket which makes it easier for the DE's to get sacks. Its not a coincidence that Hardy's best season here was the one season he played with Star

I know you can read the title alone and likely get out the pitchforks so to speak. For what it's worth let me just go on the record and say that I am in no way, shape or form bashing Star, I am not bashing the player that he is nor the man that he is for that matter.   I actually think Star is a solid player, definatley one of the best DTs we have had since all pro Sione Fua (I kid I kid)..

But with that being said, I am of the opinion that we are overrating Star. I'm not going to bore you with stats, numbers and comparisons, instead I'm going to keep this simple.. Since Star has missed games, I honestly haven't been able to tell a difference in our D..

We still seem to be the same dominate D in the games he has not played. It just seems like our D doesn't miss a beat with or without him. Lete put it this way, since he has missed games, there really hasn't been that moment where I said to myself "omg our D looks so bad, we need Star back badly." Our D has continued to be so good I couldn't tell the difference honestly. What are your thoughts?

Just go look at the playoff game against Seattle last year and then tell me we over rate him again.

Archived