• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc James fired in Atlanta. New Orleans next?

ctrcat

From the article referenced above...

92.9/The Game morning host Marc James is out after 16 months but the circumstances of his departure are kind of murky.

Three sources said they heard he was gone and though program director Terry Foxx has not gotten back to me, I decided to post this because James has been wiped off the website. That’s usually a good sign someone is gone. James’ Twitter no longer references the Game.

Why was he cut? There is a story floating around that James sought autographs from Mets players at a recent Braves game, the type of fan-like behavior sports talk show hosts and sports reporters tend to avoid.  I am not sure how true this is but heard it from two very different sources.

Autographs?  Seriously?

In May, 2014, the Game hired James, who came from a Baltimore sports station, to take over for Kordell Stewart in the afternoons. But a few weeks later, the Game dumped Bailey and placed James in the mornings. The station hired Mike Bell to team with Carl Dukes in the afternoons.

Baltimore?

The Game saw a huge jump in ratings late last year during the football season, peaking in January with a 3 share. But its numbers have fallen to back to a 1.3 in June before rebounding to a 1.7 in August. It was tied with some other sports station, a station that does not subscribe to Nielsen Audio so I am technically allowed to reveal their numbers.

peaking in January with a 3 share

A 3 share? Damn, that's still miserable and it's considered a peak?

For those that are unfamiliar with that and I am summarizing here. It's means a 3% share of all stations in the radio market for the area during that period of programming. 97% of the audience was listening to something else.

You needn't worry.  He has more advanced degrees from all the finest institutions of higher learning in this country than there are stars in the sky.

Which, by the way, was quite the accomplishment while he was satisfying the world's entire poontang supply that were in such wanton desire of his love muscle.

Archived