• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team Captains are....

rayzor

Look, I can argue with you all night if you wish...I'll be here till 7am.

So keep being stupid, and not admit to the fact he doesn't play up to his potential, and is/has been used wrongly.

Don't bother me a bit, but quit being stupid with me. Take personal poo elsewhere.

How was that personal?

You can tell ones that don't agree with you to get a new pair of glasses, but I can't tell you that you can't accept the REAL truth?

Very insightful info..............thanks! :cheers2:

Well if you want insightful info, here you go. 'Cause I don't feel like repeating myself all the time...

31 teams weren't going to give up 2 first rounders, it wasn't about the salary.

Peppers is worth every penny. Combine tackles and sacks of the best DEs in the league for the past 4 years, this is what you get:

Jared Allen: 258.5

Aaron Kampman: 249.5

Julius Peppers: 198.5

Osi Umenyiora: 194.5

Aaron Schobel: 187.5

John Abraham: 168

Justin Tuck: 155

Mario Williams: 152.5

Richard Seymour: 126.5

As you see, Peppers is the 3rd best DE in the NFL despite what any of you nimrods think. Without him, our line would suffer greatly. You guys think we can just grab anyone and we'll be fine. Guys like Peppers are hard to find! We already are piss poor at the DT position. We have solid DEs opposite of Peppers, but no one of his caliber. You guys are stuck in 2007...my advice to you guys is to get over it! He's already proved that '07 was a aberration by reponding with his normal average in tackles and career high in sacks. He also hurried the QB, made RBs run the other way, disrupted the backfield...what more do you want!? Hell, opposing teams designed plays to go the opposite way wherever Peppers was lined up! And if you want to know how Turdovac was holding him back, click the link in my signature.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/18079-where-17-million-man-4.html

Well if you want insightful info, here you go. 'Cause I don't feel like repeating myself all the time...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/18079-where-17-million-man-4.html

Ok.....Stat King. Where was he when we were getting the ball shoved down our throat on any running, or passing play?

Drop into coverage...yeah..ok.....rush the passer..yeah...ok. Explain that poo.

Chasing someone down all day, unless it is a QB equals total misuse of player, or player doesn't give a fug with half assed effort.

I'm done with it.........talk to yourself.

well, these guys also play with him each and every Sunday....they also go back and watch the film after each game....those same guys voted for him. They also have the advantage of knowing what Pep is suppose to do each game and what his assignment is.

One of the best points ever made in the Huddle.

Maybe if they FELT better....they could tackle better....but whatever. :rolleyes:

He halfasses it...you know it, I know it, and on and on and on. He is only on this team for one reason......we couldn't get a trade offer for him to suit management....PERIOD.

This is a more of a "grease his peter" move, than anything else.

If Smitty doesn't deserve Captain on this team....then NO FVUKIN body does!

Truth is hell ain't it. :eek:

My emphasis on "felt" was meant to show that in their eyes he is not just what we may think or see.

How do you know that for a fact about the trade?

I don't think Pep is comfortable with a public leadership type role (as in team spokesman type). Hence I doubt it was done to kiss his booty.

I love Smitty but he's not what I think of when I think captain. Is he a leader as far as work ethic and effort? Hell yes. But that's different.

As to your point about the Pro Bowl, perhaps if they took the fan vote out, you would have a point. I think only coaches and players should vote for the thing.

Finished reading the entire thread.... and all pep related threads.

These are my 2 cents...

1 - Pep being given a 'c' says mare about him as a team player then his skill. If his colleges voted him in, they they know more then just stats.

2 - Pep is a team player dispite is conflict with the team. Everyone gets frusterated at there job from time to time, but not all of us gets quoted in the national news paper

3 - Pep might not be 'worth' a mill a game but thats what the market is at for guys like him, so I would not say we are over paying. Is Eli worth what he is getting? No, but thats what it takes to keep those type of players.

I wouldn't quite say that. Just because Smitty didn't get voted, doesn't mean he's not a leader. No one can tell me Moose isn't a leader, or Chris Harris isn't a leader. The C on the chest a leader does not make.

Same goes for Pro Bowl as well I guess.

:rolleyes:

Don't know how either of you can argue what is clear as day. It isn't what we think as fans or our opinions. The players have picked their leaders and Pep is on the list and Smitty isn't. They are in the situation all day every day and this is who they want to represent them on the field.

It doesn't mean other players aren't leaders but clearly those chosen are moreso in the player's eyes.

Don't see how this keeps getting debated back and forth. What you think or I do is irrelevant here.

Archived