• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team Captains are....

rayzor

well, these guys also play with him each and every Sunday....they also go back and watch the film after each game....those same guys voted for him. They also have the advantage of knowing what Pep is suppose to do each game and what his assignment is.

Hold my hand.....I'll lead you to the promise land my child.

well, these guys also play with him each and every Sunday....they also go back and watch the film after each game....those same guys voted for him. They also have the advantage of knowing what Pep is suppose to do each game and what his assignment is.

ding ding :)

FB...you surprise me with that statement. So what a guy does in practice, is more important than what he does on the field, week in, and week out, when earning that mill a game should show?

Look I'm not some Pep fanboi, but the fact of the matter is that barring criminal activities being an issue, the only opinions that matter in a team sport is those of your teammates and coaches and to an extent, your FO. His teammates have spoken loud and clear. Perhaps there was no other clear cut choice for them, but they picked him and not someone else maybe I would consider like Harris. That means something IMO. I doubt very highly teammates would pick someone as a captain if they felt he half-assed it.

Look I'm not some Pep fanboi, but the fact of the matter is that barring criminal activities being an issue, the only opinions that matter in a team sport is those of your teammates and coaches and to an extent, your FO. His teammates have spoken loud and clear. Perhaps there was no other clear cut choice for them, but they picked him and not someone else maybe I would consider like Harris. That means something IMO. I doubt very highly teammates would pick someone as a captain if they felt he half-assed it.

Maybe if they FELT better....they could tackle better....but whatever. :rolleyes:

He halfasses it...you know it, I know it, and on and on and on. He is only on this team for one reason......we couldn't get a trade offer for him to suit management....PERIOD.

This is a more of a "grease his peter" move, than anything else.

If Smitty doesn't deserve Captain on this team....then NO FVUKIN body does!

Truth is hell ain't it. :eek:

Maybe if they FELT better....they could tackle better....but whatever. :rolleyes:

He halfasses it...you know it, I know it, and on and on and on. He is only on this team for one reason......we couldn't get a trade offer for him to suit management....PERIOD.

This is a more of a "grease his peter" move, than anything else.

If Smitty doesn't deserve Captain on this team....then NO FVUKIN body does!

Truth is hell ain't it. :eek:

Must be, 'cause you can't accept it.

Must be, 'cause you can't accept it.

Look, I can argue with you all night if you wish...I'll be here till 7am.

So keep being stupid, and not admit to the fact he doesn't play up to his potential, and is/has been used wrongly.

Don't bother me a bit, but quit being stupid with me. Take personal poo elsewhere.

Team captains are players with leadership skills that are recognized by their peers.

Smitty admitted before this season that he needs to be more of a leader and frankly many people on the defense may have forgiven last year but not forgotten.

He clearly isn't a leader as judged by his peers.

Team captains are players with leadership skills that are recognized by their peers.

Smitty admitted before this season that he needs to be more of a leader and frankly many people on the defense may have forgiven last year but not forgotten.

I wouldn't quite say that. Just because Smitty didn't get voted, doesn't mean he's not a leader. No one can tell me Moose isn't a leader, or Chris Harris isn't a leader. The C on the chest a leader does not make.

Same goes for Pro Bowl as well I guess.

:rolleyes:

Archived