• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stew and Beason both practicing today.

TouchMeNot97

They said it couldn't been done, they said it wasn't enough time.... Ha we'll see in due time.

if these two play I will feel much better for Sunday. The running game took a while to get started and Stewart's bruising style was the most effective early on last season.

I will quit my doom and gloom for a moment and channel Jim Zorn......when I say hip hip you say hooray. Hip, hip.......

Wow, looks like Stewart will be playing after all. I wonder why they went through all the drama with him in the preseason even bringing in Sutton if they knew this all along.

Probably for two reasons:

1) For Achilles and other tendon issues the best thing you can do is let them rest as much as possible so you don't have a lingering issue that becomes even worse if you try to push it too hard. This is someone who we want to be around for a long time so we do not want to risk him developing a condition that won't ever get better.

2) A bit of showmanship. The entire preseason has been a game of showing our hand as little as possible and coach Fox has been pretty vague on Stewart for a reason.

Yeah, this was still going on last week though.

he was resting his achilles last week just like he had been for weeks. it was never as big of a deal as people made it out to be.

the best thing he could do for a sore achilles was rest it. there was no need for him to push things until now that they are getting ready for the games that matter.

he may have limited reps until he gets completely back into the groove. i don't think there was ever any real concern on the team that he wouldn't be ready. they just had to make sure that he got it plenty of rest.

the really good thing about it is that he will have a shorter season than the rest of the RBs. for everyone that has been pushing themselves for the whole preseason and training camp their season starts essentially 5 weeks before the regular season games start. after the 10th game they have really been going for about 15 weeks. stewart will be far from wearing down.

yesterday jake said that the problem was that the panthers peaked too early. they now have stewart who will be a a bit fresher later in the year to help stretch out that peak.

not saying that all of that was by design but certainly isn't an unfortunate turn of events. it all could work out in the panthers favor.

he was resting his achilles last week just like he had been for weeks. it was never as big of a deal as people made it out to be.

the best thing he could do for a sore achilles was rest it. there was no need for him to push things until now that they are getting ready for the games that matter.

he may have limited reps until he gets completely back into the groove. i don't think there was ever any real concern on the team that he wouldn't be ready. they just had to make sure that he got it plenty of rest.

the really good thing about it is that he will have a shorter season than the rest of the RBs. for everyone that has been pushing themselves for the whole preseason and training camp their season starts essentially 5 weeks before the regular season games start. after the 10th game they have really been going for about 15 weeks. stewart will be far from wearing down.

yesterday jake said that the problem was that the panthers peaked too early. they now have stewart who will be a a bit fresher later in the year to help stretch out that peak.

not saying that all of that was by design but certainly isn't an unfortunate turn of events. it all could work out in the panthers favor.

this.

Archived