• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter trade scenerio

dpanthersman

It was a mailbag question and answer...I dont think schefter is that stupid...but I know raiders nation is !!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4457563&name=schefter_adam

Wow after reading that this whole thing seems to be getting out of hand. It doesn't seem like anything but Schefler being nice to an idiot Raiders fan. Oh well, time to stop this thread. Its going no where fast.

Seriously have you ever watched football on television ?

The Pats offense was pretty average in the skill positions it's first 2 SB Season.

Brady made A LOT of WR's look better than they were, in the first Sb run

The Cinncy RB (forgot his name) carried the load on the second run

Yeah, it also made the defense look better than it was. When teams have to pass more than 60% of the game to get back in it, the defense is probably gonna have some success.

Yeah, it also made the defense look better than it was. When teams have to pass more than 60% of the game to get back in it, the defense is probably gonna have some success.

Kurb is right, in 03-04 they had a hellacious defense all on its own.

Hey guess what? They ain't won squat without a great D either!

your right, he has been a horrible teammate and has had horrific production in Carolina. He deserves to suffer....oh, wait....Peppers has been a great teammate, asset to the team, and has been one of the best DEs in the game since he arrived.

oh, wait....Peppers has been taking plays off and entire games off for his entire career and has more than once been hand-cuffed going against rookie tackles without help. He has sulked about his role, made it very clear he doesn't want to be a Panther, got offered a top-tier contract very much in line with the market and chose instead to play for a franchise offer that makes nobody happy, him rich and the Panthers in a cap quagmire. With teammates like that who needs enemies?

oh, wait....Peppers has been taking plays off and entire games off for his entire career and has more than once been hand-cuffed going against rookie tackles without help. He has sulked about his role, made it very clear he doesn't want to be a Panther, got offered a top-tier contract very much in line with the market and chose instead to play for a franchise offer that makes nobody happy, him rich and the Panthers in a cap quagmire. With teammates like that who needs enemies?

outside of the 1 yr where their was weight loss and rumors he was ill he has been a stud. You take any stud DE and give him a poo DL to play with and opponents can limit how effective they can be.....

I think 95% of the fanbase bitched about the way he was used.....then when Pep made the same comment that same group slammed him.

The only people that put Carolina in a cap quagmire is Hurney and the bunch. Carolina would be lucky to have Pep play out his prime years in Carolina......

outside of the 1 yr where their was weight loss and rumors he was ill he has been a stud. You take any stud DE and give him a poo DL to play with and opponents can limit how effective they can be.....

I think 95% of the fanbase bitched about the way he was used.....then when Pep made the same comment that same group slammed him.

The only people that put Carolina in a cap quagmire is Hurney and the bunch. Carolina would be lucky to have Pep play out his prime years in Carolina......

Hey man. I'm not looking to change any minds. There is no denying that Pep is an all-star. I grant you, there is only one year where he took off the WHOLE year. But what about the games he has taken off? Or even the plays? I'm not a fan of massive rationalization but heh, knock your socks off.

While Pep wears the colors, I'm a fan from kickoff to whistle. Otherwise I don't trust him.

When a player says he doesn't want to be a Panther it kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Here's the dif between the Pats organization and the Panthers. The Pats are secure enough to trade a stud DL that may or may not be overpaid for future consideration. And they are confident in their ability to parlay that consideration into future benefits.

The Panthers are petrified to say goodbye. I'm not. When Pep said he didn't want to be a Panther it was time to move on, that statement did not even ripple the water on the market for him. But.......... <crickets>. You're right, Hurney shares the blame, for NOT pulling the trigger. But that's the only thing I'm giving you.

Archived