• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter trade scenerio

dpanthersman

I think he would be very good honestly if he WANTS TO PLAY and IS HEALTHY and HAS ALL HIS DOLLAR BILLS.

He got 8 sacks as a 3-4 2 gap RDE last year which is insane.

He has some issues though.

This to me is the kicker with any player you get from the Pats.

Most all of them have rings, have made good $, and have been in one of the better locker rooms/organizations in the league. Unless the Pats piss them off royally and they have something to prove what does a player leaving that organization really have to play for ?

It would be sending him to Oakland. I could just not see Pep being willing to play for the Raiders. Thus, no long term contract....no trade.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Peppers signing a contract soley for the "privelage" of being traded to Oakland. He may not like playing for us, but at least we're a contender.

Most all of them have rings, have made good $, and have been in one of the better locker rooms/organizations in the league. Unless the Pats piss them off royally and they have something to prove what does a player leaving that organization really have to play for ?

Excellent point

Pep and Oakland deserve each other.

your right, he has been a horrible teammate and has had horrific production in Carolina. He deserves to suffer....oh, wait....Peppers has been a great teammate, asset to the team, and has been one of the best DEs in the game since he arrived.

This whole scenario is ridiculous. Pepper is has been a will always be a better play than Seymour, who benefited from having great offensive talent and an average defense to win 3 super bowls... I just don't what would make sense to make this trade.. it's just hype imo.

I think what plays into it a bit is that they have been there only as winners, or as a member of a team that's always competitive. They are put in position to be successful but not necessarily one that fosters individual achievements. They also know that they won't ever be the highest paid person at their position in the NFL if they stay there (unless their name is Adam Vinatieri but I digress). So...they don't know anything else. So then they take it for granted. They are analogous to rich kids being given a Porsche @ 16. So what's left? Max MO-NEY and individual honors. So they chase that. A lot of them are still good players(just not the money to value ratio the Pats want) when they leave the Pats (don't let some of their fans insta-bitterness about as soon as a guy leaves the team "HE IS GARBAGE" fool you, it isn't true) but they never have the team success elsewhere (AV won a ring in Indy but he's the only one). The other three teams who are consistently competitive, the Steelers, Eagles and Colts are not usually big players in the FA market). Heck, even throw the NYG in there. Good team over the past few years, and not a big FA player. And they usually don't get the individual sucesses either because part of their success in NE is being put in the right positions to help their team win. But, teams keep hiring TO because they think OMGZ!!1 WE CAN CHANGE HIM!!1! And so these guys are similar..."I will be the exception to that."

I think this is part of the Pats personnel strategy on the flipside, get the old dudes in there who have already made the $$, had the accolades/achievements individually but want to win and NOW will play for less than market to have that chance (Dillon, Moss, Fred Taylor, etc). And again, they don't have much competition because the other 4 really good teams are not big FA players.

This whole scenario is ridiculous. Pepper is has been a will always be a better play than Seymour, who benefited from having great offensive talent and an average defense to win 3 super bowls... I just don't what would make sense to make this trade.. it's just hype imo.

Seriously have you ever watched football on television ?

The Pats offense was pretty average in the skill positions it's first 2 SB Season.

Brady made A LOT of WR's look better than they were, in the first Sb run

The Cinncy RB (forgot his name) carried the load on the second run

Archived