• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans will be without pro bowl OT

Jeremy Igo

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/09/texans-duane-brown-considered-unlikely-to-play-against-panthers-foster-limited/

Texans Pro Bowl left offensive tackle Duane Brown is considered unlikely to play Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, according to a source not authorized to speak publicly.

Brown is dealing with a painful thumb injury that he suffered during the preseason. He was able to play against the Kansas City Chiefs, but it wasn’t easy for him to do so due to the discomfort it caused as blocking aggravated the thumb even though it was heavily padded

JJ Watt aside, this should be a pretty easy victory (I know, I know, no such thing as "an easy win" in the NFL) but I see a blowout, something along the lines of 24-6 or 34-11 range

I never 'see a blowout' coming.

That's a good way to wind up shellshocked and disappointed.

I never 'see a blowout' coming.

That's a good way to wind up shellshocked and disappointed.

every blowout we've ever pitched has always been completely unexpected, i think. the giants shutout in 2013 came after excruciating losses the prior two weeks. i remember thinking the chiefs were gonna play us tough in 2008, and then of course we went into last season's saints away game with a 3-8-1 record or something similarly atrocious 

every blowout we've ever pitched has always been completely unexpected, i think. the giants shutout in 2013 came after excruciating losses the prior two weeks. i remember thinking the chiefs were gonna play us tough in 2008, and then of course we went into last season's saints away game with a 3-8-1 record or something similarly atrocious 

Not sure why more people don't expect blowouts from us...

Even so, I'll grant I'm kinda cautious by nature.

Archived