• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke likely out on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

http://blackandbluereview.com/quotes-to-note-ron-rivera-on-luke-kuechly-status/

What’s the latest you’ll go in making the decision?

“Tomorrow. We’re going to get an answer. I don’t think we’ll get the answer today, I know we’ll get the answer tomorrow. That’s the one thing I can tell you. He’s in the protocol, he’s progressed in the protocol, but tomorrow everything’s got to be answered.”

What’s your gut say?

“I’m letting the independent go through the process. I have not looked at what the process is other than to tell you he’s in the protocol. What the independent decides, he decides. He’s the independent, I have no control over that.”

Have you ever had a situation where a player was cleared and you held him out?

“It goes back to Cam. That opener, we could have easily played him. He was cleared to play, there were just too many reasons not to. We have to be smart, and we’re going to be very smart with Luke. We’re going to weigh all the possibilities. The other thing to look at is who we play coming up. You know I like to take it one game at a time, but as we look at the schedule as it comes up, we’ve got four conference games and two of those are division games. There’s a lot of things that are going to weigh into this. And as I said, when the independent decides it’s time, he’ll see him, and when it’s time to clear him, he’ll get cleared. I’m like Luke, I’m chomping at the bit, but at the same time, you have to be careful.”

Typically if you’re doubtful, you don’t play? Is that correct?

“Yeah, that’s typical. But again, I have no control over what the independent decides.”

But you guys could still hold him out even if he’s cleared, right?

“Yes, that we most certainly can, but whatever the independent says is what we’re going with.”

Sounds like if the Doc approves him Luke plays. Will know tomorrow.

I am for Luke to watch from the sideline, let his anger build up that he can't play and let him take it out on Brees and the Saints next week. 

My vote is for Luke to be spectating tomorrow. If we can't beat the Texans without him, then we probably don't make the playoffs anyway. Klein isn't Luke, but he's still a smart, capable LB who'd likely be starting for quite a few other teams.

Archived