• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke likely out on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

Rivera was quoted as saying Luke was "chomping at the bit" to play.

I acknowledge it's possible.  Whether it's the best decision will certainly be a hot debate.

I think Rivera making the point that Luke doesn't need to practice to play was basically alluding to the fact that if he passes, he'll be out there. 

So you are saying if the Doc clears him to play Rivera will hold him out?

The protocol is designed to take that decision out of the teams/coaches hands to protect the player.

Well isn't the main point to keep a team from playing a player prematurely?  I would think the protocol in no way prohibits a team from giving a player an extra game off.

Rivera was quoted as saying Luke was "chomping at the bit" to play.

I acknowledge it's possible.  Whether it's the best decision will certainly be a hot debate.

Agreed

what will this place look like if Luke plays and gets dinged in the head again?

a guy like Luke doesn't change how he plays because he got woozy.  He's still going to try to destroy people.  Gotta protect some people from themselves sometimes.

Agreed

what will this place look like if Luke plays and gets dinged in the head again?

a guy like Luke doesn't change how he plays because he got woozy.  He's still going to try to destroy people.  Gotta protect some people from themselves sometimes.

They held Cam out of two games last season even when some thought he could have played.

Will they do the same with Luke?  Unknown.

Given the amount of money they have invested in him, I definitely think it'll be considered.

They held Cam out of two games last season even when some thought he could have played.

Will they do the same with Luke?  Unknown.

Given the amount of money they have invested in him, I definitely think it'll be considered.

As it should be. Is there anything to be gained from a game planning standpoint for the coaches to be coy about it? A concussion really can't be compared to an ankle or broken Ribs from a performance standpoint though. If he is cleared to play he will be the same old Luke. If he gets another concussion this season whether he plays this week or not, That's when Gettleman starts sweating.. 

As soon as he went into the protocol, I expected him not to play this weekend. No use rushing back and risking further injury. Now, if the stadium screams LUUUUUUUKE this weekend when Klein makes a play, all hope for this fanbase will be lost

I think that annoys the crap out of Klein.

I like how we could keep it a secret if Luke's playing or not since the Houston head coach tried to keep his starting QB a secret (thanks Ian Rappaport!)

Bill O'Brien doesn't keep secrets.

He keeps $#@% mother &%$@! secrets.

(I suspect the network guys have been instructed not to point their sideline mics in Bill's direction)

For whatever it's worth, AJ Klein is a good MLB.

Or, check that, I thought he was a very good MLB prospect coming out of college.  I really liked him.  He wasn't terrible at OLB, but he was playing out of his natural position IMO.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs Sunday if Kuechly doesn't play.  The biggest thing we will lose is Kuechly's ability in coverage.  Klein doesn't possess Kuechly's athleticism and likely lacks his Football IQ, which isn't a shot at Klein so much as a testament to how good Kuechly is in that regard.  Fortunately, we still have TD and hopefully Thompson continues to progress.  

Archived