• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke likely out on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

Don't read too much into how much he has been out there.  By all accounts, he has passed all levels of the protocol without any setbacks.  So, I think he is exactly where he is expected to be in order to play Sunday.  Using Norman's participation as a baseline is flawed since he started the protocol at an earlier time than Luke. 

Based on what I'm hearing, I'll be shocked if Luke isn't out there on Sunday.  It's smart to be cautious, but if he passes the protocol, then by all measures, he is healthy and therefore, should and will play. 

Don't read too much into how much he has been out there.  By all accounts, he has passed all levels of the protocol without any setbacks.  So, I think he is exactly where he is expected to be in order to play Sunday.  Using Norman's participation as a baseline is flawed since he started the protocol at an earlier time than Luke. 

Based on what I'm hearing, I'll be shocked if Luke isn't out there on Sunday.  It's smart to be cautious, but if he passes the protocol, then by all measures, he is healthy and therefore, should and will play. 

Maybe,  but as part of a fan base that remembers Dan Morgan, I can understand why a lot of people would prefer he wasn't.

Just like after Cam wrecked his truck, if hes not good to go, take a seat, we have a capable back up.

Look at the bright side, the game is at home so you'll still get to hear the Luuuuuke chant every time AJ makes a tackle.

This has got to be the winning comment on this thread so far.  Poor AJ

I was about to post something similar. How another athlete handles the protocol has absolutely no bearing on Luke. The perceived severity of the hit from the naked eye has absolutely no bearing on when he comes back. Everyone is different.

Players are given a baseline test in camp that is used to compare with the test Luke will take with the neurologist Friday. The protocol is basically rest so Jeremy may be jumping the gun with that 80% because "He did less today than yesterday.". One independent Doc will decide whether he can go or not.

I was about to post something similar. How another athlete handles the protocol has absolutely no bearing on Luke. The perceived severity from the naked eye has absolutely no bearing on when he comes back. Everyone is different.

Players are given a baseline test in camp that is used to compare with the test Luke will take with the neurologist Friday. The protocol is basically rest so Jeremy may be jumping the gun with that 80% because "He did less today than yesterday.". One independent Doc will decide whether he can go or not.

No, the coaches will decide, and Rivera is already building AJ up in the media this week. 

Oh, I get the fan perspective.  But from the teams standpoint, if he passes, he plays.  IMO, simple as that. 

Rivera was quoted as saying Luke was "chomping at the bit" to play.

I acknowledge it's possible.  Whether it's the best decision will certainly be a hot debate.

Archived