• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting read by Gantt

freeonbail

I think the peak last year was the Panther's peeking around the corner, past Arizona and straight to the NFC Champ game.

AZ had done miserable on the east coast. Carolina was undefeated at home.

Everything lined up for a win. Even the first drive the Panthers drove down and scored. And at that moment, they fully peaked for 2008.

The highwater mark of '08, yes indeed.

I think I saw more slants last year than the whole rest of the Fox era. Maybe I am remembering wrong.
Since I remember complaining about not enough slants when Henning was still around, I think your memory's good.

(of course, we STILL can't run a screen to save our lives)

Peaks are a mystery thing. I'd like to think there are many factors that play into them (adapting to a new offense/defense, hitting a part of the schedule with favorable matchups, rookies getting better over time, a certain primadonna QB breaking down as the season winds on, etc.) but sometimes they can't be explained (Colts D showing up in the playoffs during their SB run, the 'Bowys choking in November/December, etc.).

its called give the team a bye week and they lose their focus.

hopefully they can overcome that this season.

Its so early this season they will have alot of time to get back on track. I dont think the D staff will put in a new scheme like last year ether after the bye.

Archived