• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula "discouraged" by lack of points....

Jeremy Igo

Every team every week has plays that are miscues, but still manage to score plenty of points. 

You guys act like the Panthers are the only team that drops passes. Every other team executes 100%. 

Pretty silly, but I won't go so far and be completely classless as to call you an idiot over it. That would make me a giant douche

Well if the shoe fits...

But I do respect your ability as a shrewd businessman.  How else could someone explain how you get people on here to pay money to read your opinions and ramblings.

If you are trying to say Shula sucks it would not be a good idea to use Chud as the basis of WHY.

Chud was absolutely terrible situationally and drew up plays that had TONS of risk with this backyard football. You will not win playoff games with Chud calling them. When you are in the playoffs i would take Shula over Chud any fuging day just based on that. Both have major faults, both are seemingly stubborn with playcalls, and both have some trouble adjusting.

2013 Shula was pretty great and I defended him because we had one of the most efficient offenses in the league but that was heavily dependent on a stellar defense and special teams. I'm not quite sure what Chud would have done with that. The offense and defense were ying and yang together. We sustained drives to keep the defense fresh. And the defense got the offense on the field quickly more often than not.

Does anybody else forget the start of 2012? when he refused to go away from the read option and was getting Cam killed? It wasn't until midway through the season he began calling plays that made Cam so successful his rookie year. 

Bottom line: we need more talent on offense in general, we need an OC who can make the most out of Cam's talent and football acumen, and we need someone who knows situational football.

You (like many) have obviously forgotten how bad 2012 was. You bitched a lot about Chud too, btw. 

no, I haven't.  The start to that season was awful in particular.  No one should have to re-live that Giants game for example 

But that doesn't change the fact Ron played not to lose way too often early in his career often putting big moments on the wrong shoulders.  He is better about that now.  There were many game where he could of won if he had merely made the Riverboat call.  I'm not saying we would have been 14-2 but Ron lost some of those games being a poor HC.

He has grown as a HC and that has helped us.  Not sure he has shown as much as needed 

Archived