• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson officially the starter Sunday

Jeremy Igo

And this is what you should get from your first round pick: immediate impact.

Look for the defense to create at least two turnovers.

With the way Shaq, Williams, and CAP are playing if Funch turns out to be a baller it's going to be like we had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. Gettlemagic...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I think it was less Tepper mandating it and more Tepper finally relenting and allowing it. I've always maintained that I think what caused Reich to be fired midseason was likely him going to Tepper and saying something along the lines of "Either let me play Dalton and five this team a chance to compete or just go ahead and fire me now."
    • I honestly think it was a mutual, collective decision. Canales might have been hired to be the Panthers head  coach because he was the best chance to get Bryce where he needed to be to succeed and did everything...I mean he and Morgan did EVERYTHING possible to create a successful situation for Bryce. And it was obvious... painfully obvious that not only was it not working, the team was losing and it was effecting everything. Canales was hired because they thought he could help Bryce, but he was hired as the PANTHERS head coach, not Bryce's personal coach. If everyone could see this was failing far beyond what anyone could have and it didn't look like it was anything that could be fixed quickly....then that everyone who could see would have to include Canales himself who is responsible for not just Bryce, but the whole damn team has to have looked at what it was doing to the team and their chances to win and said, we have to choose what is best for Bryce or the Panthers. He came in and said he had no personal attachment to any player, and that means he has no personal attachment to Bryce. He's going to do what is best to help the team win. If that means benching Bryce, then that's what he's going to do. Did he make this call without Teppers blessing or input? Hell no. Did they come into the Monday meeting having both come to the same conclusion regarding Bryce? I would have a hard time arguing that wasn't the case. All in leadership has to have seen it wasn't just not working...it was killing the team and they had to make this switch for the betterment of the team soon or else lose the season completely. No way would Canales had bern campaigning for Bryce to stay in there. He's not that dumb. Sometimes regardless of the work you do, you have to realize when it's futile and the earlier you recognize it, the better off you will be.