• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 for Newbs

shinner

Do you plan on playing games online over Xbox live? If so do you plan on downloading content from xbox live or just playing the games?

I would guess yes to both....LIVE depending on the cost.

Other than that, just get an extra wireless controller, an ethernet cable and an HDMI if you have an HDTV and you're set.

Here's a breakdown of all 3 consoles.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

Thanks...not sweating wireless at all because it will be in the basement where my router is....so hard line all the way.

How old is your son? He may enjoy a Wii more. I'm not a huge gamer, but I have both and in terms of a "group sport" the Wii is a lot more fun...

We have a Wii...which he likes a lot, BUT the graphics aren't as tech as the Xbox/PS3 and of course some games aren't available on the Wii. He'll be 12 in eleven days. I'm not too worried about how much I like the games because I get bored with them probably in 10 minutes or less....even the hockey games which I used to love.

Go Elite, it's worth it. Something else to add is the quick charge kit. You just leave it plugged in and it keeps your backup batteries fresh. I love it.

Thanks...I'll look into it.

After reading all this, I think I might as well blow the extra $50 and get the elite.

Halo - Keep in mind if you buy this you're going to have to spend about 100 dollars before you can play it online. And the game has a really big learning curve online.

What's the story on that? I'm sure my son would love the latest Halo...though to start, I think he's gonna have to rent from Blockbuster before plunking down the big bucks on any games.

actually saints row 2 was better than GTA

i mean seriously you can drive a sanitation truck around dumping poo on people who thought of that

Dave Matthews?

What's the story on that? I'm sure my son would love the latest Halo...though to start, I think he's gonna have to rent from Blockbuster before plunking down the big bucks on any games.

buy the game

buy xbox live

buy all the maps

then when the new game comes out, i guarantee they'll nerf multiplayer again, because that's just what they do

buy the game

buy xbox live

buy all the maps

Ahh.....I ain't buying maps. No way, not gonna do it. If I buy the game and pay for online access, I sure as hell ain't paying for "enhancements". I've laid out enough money at that point....and M$ can suck it. Kid will have to be happy playing friends locally.

Archived