• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman "Best secondary we have had since I have been here"

Jeremy Igo

It's funny all the narratives out there especially in the national media have been we have no offensive line and the secondary behind the front 7 was make shift.

I actually believe those two positions are now a strength on this team. If we can just figure out this receiver position. I'm very confident going into the season. 

Doesn't get much more definitive than that, does it?

No, it doesn't. Fantastic news and optimism. 

And how easy it will be to upgrade Harper's roster spot. Not trying to hate on the guy, because he's a standup guy with a great attitude, but an upgrade there could put our defense straight to the pinnacle of total and complete dominance.

Oline and Dline will control out destiny

If there are holes for the RB's and Cam is given time, then the WR's will be fine

If the Dline can stop the run and pressure the QB, then our back 7 will have a field day

The issue is teams are going to sit on the running game especially in the red zone. This was the one thing holding the Panthers back in 2013.

The DL will be great if you have CJ, KK, and Star on the field. Kony will be the target and he will need to step up and play the run 10 times better than he did in the preseason. Any other combo and the Panthers will get gashed by almost every running game in the NFL.

What I fear, and it will be tested very early in the season is the stack of Kony, Klein, and Harper. That has trouble written all over it, and if Ron trusts in that again for 4 games I see a repeat of the Panthers giving up several long runs to that side of the defense.

No argument from me about RR knowing what he's doing on the defensive side of the ball, it's whether or not he inserts the proper combination of players back there that's got me worried...

Between Rivera, McDermott, and Wilkes I really don't know why this is such a concern. I know folks question a player every know and then, but these three working the defensive roster is pretty much just fine with me. 

Archived