• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Plan for Star

Jeremy Igo

Coach Rivera said in the press conference today that they would check his foot in the morning. If no swelling had occured from today's training session he would get an increased work load tomorrow. Rinse... repeat... all week long. 

I seriously doubt he is back this week. Would be amazing. 

I doubt he will be back next week. 

My guess is we will see him back against the Saints in week 3 at BoA. Important divisional game that is always close at home. 

ease him back. he's important but we're deep.

Sorry, but don't see the depth you speak of. This team needs all its starters to have a chance at the playoffs.

Not sure how anyone would call the Panthers deep at any position outside of QB. Most teams have quality starters as depth. That is not the case in Carolina, and opposing teams will exploit that fact.

Sorry, but don't see the depth you speak of. This team needs all its starters to have a chance at the playoffs.

Not sure how anyone would call the Panthers deep at any position outside of QB. Most teams have quality starters as depth. That is not the case in Carolina, and opposing teams will exploit that fact.

we might not be deep at nose tackle but we are deep along the defensive line in general. CJ demands two blockers, KK demands two blockers. this gives one-on-one matchups to whoever's rotating at RDE and whoever's at NT, unless either of those are elected for extra attention, in which case one of our other pro-bowl caliber rushers just has to beat a man.

add in the best linebacker corps in the league to plug any leaks and i'm far from worried.

I agree with letting him rest. If we can't beat the Jags, we just plain suck. Any given Sunday, yes...but we're talking about the Jags. 

Im really thinking that the addition of Shaq will allow Luke to be in more blitz packages as Tillman and Shaq can cover bigger receivers across the middle.

Star is a hole plugger for sure but any of our backups can play that role until he gets back to 100%.

we might not be deep at nose tackle but we are deep along the defensive line in general. CJ demands two blockers, KK demands two blockers. this gives one-on-one matchups to whoever's rotating at RDE and whoever's at NT, unless either of those are elected for extra attention, in which case one of our other pro-bowl caliber rushers just has to beat a man.

add in the best linebacker corps in the league to plug any leaks and i'm far from worried.

I do not think you understand what roster depth is for a team. CJ and KK are not depth.

Dwan Edwards, Colin Cole, Kyle Love, Mario Addison, and Wes Horton. That is the depth. Can you put a formidable front up with any 4 of that group? And we have had this issue since 2011. Expecting different results by doing the same things is Gettleman/Rivera motto.

The LBs do not plug leaks. The DL keeps bodies off the LBs to allow them to move and get to the ball. A poor DL will decline the performance of even the best LB in the league.

Archived