• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman has long term plans for Wegher

Jeremy Igo

If Stew has a good year this year hopefully we will restructure his contract. No one is going to trade for him.

If he has unhealthy year you're right he might be shown the door.

IIRC his cap hit drops tremendously next year and whatever hit we do take as a June 1 we can spread it over two years.  

Said that to say this... He gone.

this reads a lot more to the point in another thread - that if there's a tie, the tie goes to the cheaper player signed longer - than any longterm promise of greatness. Of course if he felt Wegher was a starting level player in the making, he's kept.  The longer contract is what broke the tie.

IIRC his cap hit drops tremendously next year and whatever hit we do take as a June 1 we can spread it over two years.  

Said that to say this... He gone.

this seems to be the forgone conclusion with everyone. People assume he will get hurt this year and he won't be a panther next year. However, what if he stays healthy and has a career year? It wasn't too long ago that everyone knew he was the best back on the roster. I don't think it's too much of a stretch that he runs for 1300 yards and earns another year here. He's a monster when healthy and maybe this is the year he proves he's worth every penny of the contract. I'm not sure what g-man is thinking but there is some level of productivity that you just can't let go. Personally, I hope he gets there because hes been nothing but a producer when on the field. 

Guys... I expect and hope that they'll be good, but come on. Neither of them have even played a regular season snap yet. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. 

There really is no way you could compare them yet to the 2300+ yards and 28 combined td's of Double Trouble in 2008.

Wegher 2015-16 Season Prediction

Wegher has limited carries(6-12) through week 4. Injuries and a bye week week give him ample time with the first team. He and Payne assume the rushing role.

117 Rushing Attemps for 730yds rushing

14 receptions for 213yds

(Regular season)

fun prediction:)

Archived