• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers choose Fozzy over Todman

Jeremy Igo

Fozzy is on a 2 year deal. The separation would have to be massive for the Panthers to cut ties with him. I like Fozzy he brings something different to the table. I like Todman too but he doesn't do anything Wheger, Stewart, or Cap can't. Todman could be back before the year is over. We had guys like Chris Ogbhonaye playing for us last year by Week 4.

I honestly would have kept Todman over Tolbert. I think Tolbert is billed as a goal line back but is in all likelihood the worst goal line back on our team at this point in his career. On the rare occasion he gets into the endzone these days it's on a pass (which Fozzy is better at) or by finding a hole and bursting through it (which Cap, Fozzy, and Todman are better at). When's the last time we actually saw him push a pile into the end zone?

He's a large runner but I would never bill him as a "goal line" back. He's versatile. Brings the threat of lead blocking, rushing, and catching in short yardage situations. 

But Stewart and Cam can be the goal line backs. Tolbert makes the team because he can do a little bit of everything well.

your point? Todman had more carries more yards and a TD. And he plays special teams. Seems like a no brainer to me. One of our major issues last year was no big play speed. 

Todman had more carries because he was in competition with Wegher, who also had more carries. Fozzy only had 3 carries the last game because he already earned his spot.

Fozzy also plays special teams and had the longest KR of the preseason on his 1 attempt.

Personally I am happy to hear this. Fozzy did some really good things for us down the stretch last season. Would have hated for him not to get another opportunity with this team.

Coach Rivera, is that you? Got a "he did some really nice things" and then you dropped an "O-bomb" (opportunity) on us. Welcome to the huddle, Coach. Just don't bring Shula around. 

Archived