• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers choose Fozzy over Todman

Jeremy Igo

Why would you cut Todman in favor of Fozzy????..   crazy. Tod was the better all around back and probably 7 out of 10 people would be in full agreement. Its mind boggling but maybe the FO are aware of something the masses aren't.

I understand he was brought in for ST duties but touchbacks limited his ability to show his talents. Bad move Imho. I hope Shula is forced to call an extra 3-4 screens a game to somewhat justify this move. 

Why would you cut Todman in favor of Fozzy????..   crazy. Tod was the better all around back and probably 7 out of 10 people would be in full agreement. Its mind boggling but maybe the FO are aware of something the masses aren't.

I understand he was brought in for ST duties but touchbacks limited his ability to show his talents. Bad move Imho. I hope Shula is forced to call an extra 3-4 screens a game to somewhat justify this move. 

Is this another case of a coach taking a favorite over someone who is obviously more talented?

If I see either of you saying wakka wakka wakka after Fozzy breaks off huge plays this year (as usual) you are both banned from my life

It does not really matter if they kept Wegner, Toddman, or Fozzy....as long as Stewart and CAP are healthy.... most of the 'all other RB' work will be on special teams and an occasional run.  If the Panthers have an effective running game this season it will be because of Stewart & CAP are pounding the ball (and an improved o-line). I am more concerned about the WR core than I am which RB's the Panthers cut.

I would have kept Todman over Wegher and put Wegher on PS.

Not my call, though.

my thinking is Gettlemen could likely not be thinking about best RBs for 2015 but looking at 2016-2017.  Liked Wegher's bigger potential down the road.  Teams can't always keep the best 53 for the season at hand...

Wegher is probably the best keep of the bunch  and they simply didn't want to lose him to another team.  Gotta figure Stewart doesn't have too much longer here.

That is my guess. 

I honestly would have kept Todman over Tolbert. I think Tolbert is billed as a goal line back but is in all likelihood the worst goal line back on our team at this point in his career. On the rare occasion he gets into the endzone these days it's on a pass (which Fozzy is better at) or by finding a hole and bursting through it (which Cap, Fozzy, and Todman are better at). When's the last time we actually saw him push a pile into the end zone?

your point? Todman had more carries more yards and a TD. And he plays special teams. Seems like a no brainer to me. One of our major issues last year was no big play speed. 

My point was addressing that he's been continuously stuffed. Nothing about Todman. 

Archived