• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers choose Fozzy over Todman

Jeremy Igo

I don't think that Fozzy was even really being evaluated. He got 3 carries in game 4 (for 6 ypc) and was a team captain for the game. I think he was considered a veteran presence on this team like Stewart and Tolbert and the competition has been between Todman and Wegher. Fozzy has shown what he can do in real games and has blown the doors off every time he's been on the field.

Said the same thing.

Admittedly though, I didn't think Bersin was being evaluated either.

Wegher would have never made it past waivers.

Just like Boykin and Ward. 

I'm surprised by this move.  Not able to judge its merits really.  One other factor could be comp pick?  If so, maybe Trusnik will be let go too...

Todman was cut, so he has no bearing on comp. picks. Just Trusnik, Tillman, and Coleman. Doubt they cut any just for a pick, since they'd have to cut two to make a difference. 

More like Wegher over Todman. Fozzy was never in jeopardy. Thank god Gettleman and Ron are running the show and not some on this board. 

^this. I liked Todman. But i never got the Fozzy hate. i trusted the staff to make the right choice. 

Wegher would have never made it past waivers.

Agreed. Todman may not, or he might. but a good RB is essential to a strong team. and Todman is a good RB. he will find a job. Wegher almost certainly would not have made it past waivers.

Archived