• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers choose Fozzy over Todman

Jeremy Igo

I hate this move. Todman is a better Fozzy. Must be based on how much the coaches like a guy in the locker room

I'm surprised by this move.  Not able to judge its merits really.  One other factor could be comp pick?  If so, maybe Trusnik will be let go too...

i'm on board with this. i think people our discounting fozzbert's gametime experience, playmaking ability, and the fact that he's produced consistently against teams' starting lineups.

todman was a nice option, but he was facing guys that'll be selling cars next week.

Scoring 3 TDs and having the national spotlight on him kinda fugged that up I suppose. Ron and Dave probably didn't want to take a chance.

I don't actually think it was that complicated.

I think they genuinely believe Wegher was one of the best 53 and Todman wasn't.

I don't think that Fozzy was even really being evaluated. He got 3 carries in game 4 (for 6 ypc) and was a team captain for the game. I think he was considered a veteran presence on this team like Stewart and Tolbert and the competition has been between Todman and Wegher. Fozzy has shown what he can do in real games and has blown the doors off every time he's been on the field.

I personally prefer Todman, but I think it was a push honestly.  Fozz and Todman are both 3rd down backs, both return kickoffs, neither are gonna push a pile really but both can catch out of the backfield.  I thought Todman did the job just a little better, but Fozzy does know the offense better, is probably better liked in the locker room (since he's been with the guys longer) and while I don't think those should be the reason to just keep a guy, it's the kind of stuff that Rivera really values. 

Archived