• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saturday Cuts

Jeremy Igo

Brockel, Chandler, Amini...yea best 53 my ass...status quolulul...can't wait for week one where we have brockel in there falling down in front of his RB clogging up the lane and making The Jags DL look like the steel curtain.

yea, wasting roster spots on those 3 is disheartening. 

Brockel, Chandler, Amini...yea best 53 my ass...status quolulul...can't wait for week one where we have brockel in there falling down in front of his RB clogging up the lane and making The Jags DL look like the steel curtain.

Oh let's not have a bitchfest re: Chandler & Amini.  We've already dramatically upgraded the OLine.  Assuming Folkerts is gone, that's another upgrade. 

Brockel is trash.  I don't know why we keep hanging onto him.  At least Bersin finally got the ax.  I take a little solace in that.  Hate to see anyone lose their job, but Bersin cashed many more NFL checks than he ever should've.

I have to think that we're still going to pour through other teams' OL cuts.  On the team today doesn't necessarily mean on the team come Monday.

So much spotlight on the OLine cuts or lack thereof with Amini and Chandler, but what about the WR position?  Counting only 5 of them left, what's going on... I hope there plan isn't to hold only 5 under the thoughts that we WILL use the double tight set more often... unfortunately, at this point, I don't see that position being upgraded any more than what it is currently... very disappointing 

I predict us picking up 3 guys this weekend.

so, 3 of the 53 you see now, you won't see by Monday/Tuesday

*IF* I understand the rules correctly (I may well be wrong...) Miley will need to be on the 53 for now and then we can put him on the short-term IR tomorrow.

Here's what i read about this a few days ago:

Sunday, Sept. 6: After 4 p.m. (EDT), teams may place one player on the injured reserve/designated for return list.

Brockel is trash.  I don't know why we keep hanging onto him.  At least Bersin finally got the ax.  I take a little solace in that.  Hate to see anyone lose their job, but Bersin cashed many more NFL checks than he ever should've.

I have to think that we're still going to pour through other teams' OL cuts.  On the team today doesn't necessarily mean on the team come Monday.

The thing that gets me with Brockel is that he's not even that good on ST. 

He's an average situational blocker that plays special teams that we can classify as a TE.  I personally don't get it but there must be a reason in DG/Rivera's minds.  Him and Chandler are my only gripes but luckily there's 51 other guys on the squad haha.    

More on what happens tomorrow:

Sunday, Sept. 6: The claiming period for any players placed on waivers at final roster cuts expires at 12 p.m. (EDT).

Sunday, Sept. 6: Beginning at 1 p.m. (EDT), teams may begin to establish their practice squads. No player may be added to any team's practice squad until all teams have been simultaneously notified that the player has been waived.

Sunday, Sept. 6: After 4 p.m. (EDT), teams may place one player on the injured reserve/designated for return list.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/when_are_2015_nfl_roster_cuts.html

OK, I've been looking at the roster.  With news that Ricky Henry has just been cut, by my calculations, there are 8 on the bubble, and only 1 of these 8 will make the roster:

Brown, CoreyWR5'11185232
 Byndom, CarringtonCB6'0180231
 Folkerts, BrianC6'4310253
 Mayo, DavidLB6'2240220
 McCray, JordanG6'3320231
 Trusnik, JasonLB6'4250319
 Wallace, MartinT6'6330252
 Young, LouCB6'1205231

Archived