• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saturday Cuts

Jeremy Igo

It's pretty shocking to look at tables of our preseason leaders, and then look at who was cut

Todman, cut  top 4 receivers all cut.  Wow.

Preseason Leaders

more
PassingAttCmpYdsTDs
Joe Webb60374313

Rushing

CarYdsAvgTDs
Cameron Artis-Payne301394.60
Jordan Todman171347.91

Receiving

RecYdsAvgTDs
Marcus Lucas69916.51
Jarrett Boykin99310.30
Mike Brown79012.90
Brenton Bersin78812.61

I DO have confidence in G'man and Rivera, but this is pretty surprising stuff.

People are really underestimating Brockel. He's our best lead blocker and is a big special teams player (Not to mention trick play extraordinaire).

Don't think he was ever in competition with receiving TEs like Williams or Lucas (kinda like how Todman was competing more with Fozzy than Wegher). Simonson caught most everything, but struggled with the little things Brockel does well. 

Carolina Panthers retweeted

Thank you to the @Panthers and @RiverboatRonHC for the opportunity in Carolina! Good luck this season! #KeepPounding

5 retweets 6 favorites

Classy tweet from Marcus Lucas.  Good luck to him.  Still hope he could end up on our PS somehow.  Don't know his eligibility.  He is one of the players I was sad to see go.

If one were into overanalyzing things, one could almost read this tweet as sounding like he's already been claimed by another team.

It's pretty shocking to look at tables of our preseason leaders, and then look at who was cut.

Not as shocking when you factor in that the guys they've already decided on don't necessarily play as much.

The guys who get more playing time often do so because the coaches are still trying to decide whether or not to keep them.

Completely at peace with the roster as it sits.

However, if Getts and Co see an opportunity to upgrade a position currently on the roster with a FA acquisition and further trims the 53, I'm all in.

I'm kinda doubtful that the roster we have right now is the one we'll have on opening day.

Not as shocking when you factor in that the guys they've already decided on don't necessarily play as much.

The guys who get more playing time often do so because the coaches are still trying to decide whether or not to keep them.

Yes, I realize this is true, and some of those stats are basically "garbage time" with 3s against 3s, so doesn't mean much.  Still, it was a bit humorous to see us cutting our 4 leading receivers by yards when we're in a less than ideal spot re: WR. 

I confess that perhaps I was secretly seeking to incite some more "sky is falling" posts for pure amusement, but that sentiment seems to have been assuaged slightly by the Norwood trade and some decent catches against Pittsburgh.

Yes, I realize this is true, and some of those stats are basically "garbage time" with 3s against 3s, so doesn't mean much.  Still, it was a bit humorous to see us cutting our 4 leading receivers by yards when we're in a less than ideal spot re: WR. 

I confess that perhaps I was secretly seeking to incite some more "sky is falling" posts for pure amusement, but that sentiment seems to have been assuaged slightly by the Norwood trade and some decent catches against Pittsburgh.

Understood.

Archived